BYC Crochet Club **ARCHIVE THREAD** NEW THREAD OPENED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wisconsin's Weather not any better than your's Karan. Ugh... my Porch Crazie's water froze on the porch - it was 30 in their pen this morning, even with the little heater running. Fortunately it is sunny and my porch faces the south.

My outside chickens still gave me 17 eggs, but boy were they fluffy this morning.

Official Report:
Waukesha County Airport
Lat: 43.01 Lon: -88.2 Elev: 932
Last Update on Jan 15, 7:45 am CST
Clear
-11°F
(-24°C)
Humidity: 63 %
Wind Speed: NW 12 MPH
Barometer: 30.49"
Dewpoint: -20°F (-29°C)
Wind Chill: -31°F (-35°C)
Visibility: 10.00 mi.

Did you see that windchill! Ugh! I fortunately didn't notice it because I was so bundled I was sweating, good thing the sweat was covered or I would be one hurting lady.

Hope everyone is cozy, warm, happy and getting and staying healthy!

algo, I'm curious about something. What is the flower in your avatar? It looks like a flower that my dh calls a "mollypop" (I think the real name is passion flower.) Whatever it is, it's very pretty!

Lutheranchick it is a passion flower. I have always loved those flowers since I found one as a kid in a field my dad was plowing up. I also really like purple. I found this one on a site that has hundreds of free avatars.

Blossom Hen my son is 17 months old and climbs so much I worry he will be one of those ppl that climbs mountains for a living.
lol.png

As for how cold it is, I don't know the temp cuz don't want to go outside to check but it's cold enough my pipes are frozen and we have no water. Of course it would happen on the day I got lazy and didn't take a shower last night and feel all dingy today and still can't get a shower. Just as I was typing this I heard the cold water break through but not the hot yet. Sevedo is under the house now with my hair dryer trying to thaw the pipes. I don't get it, no matter how well we close everything up under the house, our pipes still freeze on the really cold days. Just called time and temp. Said it is 18 now and will get to 20 but back down to 5 tonight. We had water at 4am! I checked.
sad.png
sad.png
sad.png

Karen I did like you with typing out a long message then hitting the wrong button and losing it cept it was my Isaac that did it for me last night. He hit the space bar and it took me forever to get back to my message. At least I found it and didn't have to retype it. Prolly wouldn't have.

I guess thats enough for now. Got to go cook oatmeal now that we have cold water at least and will be around off and on all day.

Just remember to let the water drip tonight so your pipes won't freeze. Also check into getting some heatwrap tape for the pipes.

My kitchen faucet is frozen but at least the bathroom water is still working!

Quote:
I know it's not funny, but had to chuckle!
lol.png
We have had problems with frozen pipes before...many years ago. No fun. Once our frozen pipes ended in a disaster! We woke to frozen pipes, day after christmas. DH called a friend & asked if he had a blow torch to thaw the pipes. Friend said no, just start a small fire in the crawl space & that would thaw them. Of course he was joking. Well hubby did work on it as the day went on. Come late afternoon, we heard noise up stairs. All the kids were down stairs & we had no pets at the time. Hubby & I went to check it out. Our whole up stairs had been burning & we didn't know it!
ep.gif
We all got out ok & hubby & I were one of them people going in to get stuff while the house was on fire, waiting for the fire department. Phone rang on one of hubbys trips in. Yep, he stopped to answer it
smack.gif
. It was the friend calling to see if DH actually started that fire in the crawl space
lau.gif
. Fire did take care of the frozen pipe problem!

Karan, so sorry to hear of your struggles with the green house, not something I would want to tackle. I think the taking care of chickens would be easier!
th.gif

he.gif
Oh well heck, forgot to type a couple things before I hit send!
Karan I have done the same thing. Type up this nice big ole page of responses, hit the wrong button & waalaa.....gone!
barnie.gif

We woke this am to -15 without WC.
ep.gif
They say it is te coldest am in 15 years!! High today to be 4 ABOVE!!
th.gif

Good day to hibernate!
hide.gif

Chuck my husband just left for the hardware store after I got out of the shower to get the wrap stuff and insulation. Ya know, we go through this every year and he never learns. Every year when it starts to getting really cold outside I ask him if he has everything wrapped and all the crawl spaces (2) closed up good and tight. He always says yes. This is the second time this year it has frozen and the last time it got our water line to the ice maker and busted it. I guess it takes several trips under the dusty house to get through his thick head. Also growing up in Mexico where it never got much lower than 40 at night makes it hard for him to catch on.

No chicks that is just awful to loose an entire house over frozen pipes. At least you can laugh about it now.

Last edited:
Well, after recieving a nasty letter from our church secretary about my cleaning of the church. I left her an even nastier note. I know, shouldnt have, but danggit, she irked me!
Telling me noone can clean two buildings in less then 3 hours. Lady! You havent seen me move have ya?! I have a pattern I do, every time. I dont stop and take a break, I dont take my time. But I do get irked when ya tell me to clean the inside and outside glass doors, every week, when ya got sprinklers go off every night, AIMED at the doors!! And ya best not tell me to "watch my sweeping and vacuuming" when I'm the one on my hands and knees scrubbing bathroom toilets and floors, BY HAND!!!
WHere do these people come from? OOOO she got told no nitpicking, and no adding things just because you think there needs to be more done.
rant.gif
rant.gif
somad.gif
tongue.gif

Okay, I'll hush now... lol
duc.gif

hide.gif

charlie'schick :

Thanks for the warm welcome. I hope share fun stories.
wee.gif
There are days that I feel likeI run just like weee. I will get back on later.

charlies' chick

welcome again Karans mom!!!!
is it getting warmer there?? we are finally at 1 degree!​

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif

Hubby made us roteserrie (sp) chicken
D.gif
& stuffin! yummm...well, looks good anyway!
You tell that church lady! If she wants it better & not by hand, get off the computer & go to it!
duc.gif
you go SK!!!
tongue2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom