BYC Enablers -- More Poultry Than I Know What to Do With!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by BeccaOH, Apr 2, 2009.

1. BeccaOH

BeccaOH Morning Gem Farm

Oct 3, 2008
    east central Ohio
    Because of BYC connections, I'm surrounded by enablers. Thank you very much! [​IMG]

I've met several new friends on BYC, including Quail_Antwerp.

Yesterday Quail_Antwerp rode along with me to Meyer's Hatchery where I was to pick up 4 started pullets. She immediately noticed boxes of peeps in the store. I left the store with my pullets, a pair of geese, and 2 more turkeys. She has these same Embden geese and could vouch for them -- in fact, she would have bought them if I didn't. [​IMG]

But fair is fair -- I helped her decide to get turkey too, plus 3 rabbits they were selling for a local farmer.

The Meyer's store clerks are enablers too. They gave us a deal too hard to pass up, so we ended up with a total of 12 turkeys. And they threw in a tiny roo for free because they feared he wasn't going to live. He was still holding strong when Quail_Antwerp got him home.

All in all, it was a good day! [​IMG]:D

Now I need to stay at home building coops and runs. [​IMG]

2. arllcountrygirl

arllcountrygirl lavender nutt

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Now you sound like me - Isn't it wonderful [​IMG]

3. toletiquesbysam

toletiquesbysam Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2008
    Nebraska
    That's too Funny!!! We have wild turkeys running around and they are big and scary to me so I think I could have resisted those easily! But I'd have bought the geese too!! [​IMG]

4. The Poultry Peanut

The Poultry Peanut lives under rock

Quote:They did it to me too [​IMG] YOU MUST STAY AWAY FROM SILKIES!!!! there is something about them that gets to people ( I think they are trying to take over chickendom. ) oh and if space is your problem then you have 2 options...: first you can get lots and lots of bantams. second buy a bigger house with 30 or 40 acres [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2009
  5. BeccaOH

BeccaOH Morning Gem Farm

Oct 3, 2008
    east central Ohio
    I'm buying another on of those portable buildings for a coop. I just have to wait about 3 more weeks for it to arrive. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by