BYC Guinea hen club

Ya they do not like to be confined at all and like to wonder my 6 foot fence is only something for them to jump up on to get a better look around or to make noise from it defiantly is not a barrier for them and the sheds are only something to roost on nothing more .....

But they do chase after the Bob-Cat's and Fox and time to time there are losses do to their bravery .....   

As mine discovered the hard way that's what trees are for!

Quote:
Now that you mention it they are funny about their roosting spot and do have to keep the same spot as one of mine has the railing on the front porch and no one else cane be there rain or shine and the wind for that matter and wont move change but I did try to put up a ply wood barrier in the windy months but even with only a few inches of room he stays there as it is his roosting spot .....

Silly bird ,,,,, But he is a great automatic door bell ....

Now that you mention it they are funny about their roosting spot and do have to keep the same spot as one of mine has the railing on the front porch and no one else cane be there rain or shine and the wind for that matter and wont move change but I did try to put up a ply wood barrier in the windy months but even with only a few inches of room he stays there as it is his roosting spot .....

Silly bird ,,,,, But he is a great automatic door bell ....

Amen!

I love Guinea hens..looking for some eggs to hatch..they are hard to find around these parts..

I would send you some, but I think I live too far away

I've got some in the incubator now. They will hatch in 10 days.

Does anyone in SW Missouri area sell guinea fowl? TSC says I have to order a min of 25 birds. I really don't want to start out with that many. Maybe 5. Thanks! :)

Back
Top Bottom