BYC Guinea hen club

Pics
We finally got our guineas but I would mind more

Hello!! I am one the Northside of Indianapolis. I have 3 pearl and 4 Buff Dundotte Adults. I put 6 eggs in incubator and I had 6 hatch. I ended up with two Pearls and 4 Buffs! I sold those 6 already but have the other hatch coming very soon!

ypu definitely have alot coming!! Or have they already hatched? I don't know what I would do with that many! Although I do have to say that the guinea fowl are quickly becoming some of my favorites! They are super funny to watch! I love them!!

I have already hatched that many and I have more to go! I even have 11 pea eggs!

Update on Guineas :)

Two more guineas were at the coop door when I got up this morning. I think it's the male and another female.
One has feathers missing on the back up under her wing and the skin is red but doesn't seem cut or scratched.

Based on their behavior I think something got the others from the sky. They duck at anything overhead (Including wasps and hummingbirds).
And they have been following our outdoor cat like she is their adopted momma. Said outdoor cat wants no part of being momma to a flock of
squawking birds that interfere with her hunting! :)

The three guineas are in the chicken yard with the chickens and the two roosters have even let them in the coop to roost.

Still not sure what happened, but I'm thankful for the guineas I have back.

A 4th guinea showed up today. No idea when or where from, but she looks fine. The other three have let her take lead, so I'm thinking all will be well. So one male and three females back. Maybe #5 will show back up too...Who knows :)

Guineas are definitely NOT boring brids! That's for sure!

Back
Top Bottom