BYC Member Interview - 3goodeggs

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by sumi, Feb 11, 2015.

1. lazy gardener

lazy gardener True BYC Addict

Nov 7, 2012
    CENTRAL MAINE
    Thank you for a wonderful interview that made me smile. Wouldn't it be great if we could all meet in person for a face to face sharing of ideas and experiences?

2. KentuckyMom

KentuckyMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2013
    Foster, Kentucky
    As much as I love the avatar, I've always wondered about the face behind the name! Thank you for sharing your pictures and another piece of yourself! I always look forward to running across your postings "out there" in BYC land!

3. lularat

lularat Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2013
    NC
    Wonderful interview! I have seen you around on other threads and you are such a great asset to BYC. You are very knowlegable and have such a positive and warm personality.

4. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    When i made the avatar, i never thought I would be very active on a forum. I mean, If I would have thought about it, It would not have been put on a tie-die background.
    We had just made them at a home-school craft day with our group. It was handy and I liked the colors, but I really am not a granola girl hippie chick.
    Well, maybe I am. The inner wild child that hides under the uptight ridged exterior that I was raised with.

....I could have have been a punk rocker if the circumstances has been right. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. 3goodeggs

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    I always thought it would be fun to have regional BYC pot luck picnics at a state park or something.
    I have met some BYC people locally, and my husband meets people in the feed store all the time.
    My dentist and doctor both have chickens, and we always talk chicken when I go to see them.
    Birds of a feather seem to flock together.

2 people like this.
  6. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    Great interview! I love learning more about the folks who make byc such a great place to hang out. Love the big dogs, too!

7. I love your humorous answers. Nice interview.

8. 3goodeggs

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    I meant to add a picture of my bee garden , but I got the flu followed by a bad head cold and it did not happen.
    But here is the first hive. (We only have one but hope to end up with three)
    I wanted to paint it to look like a house or a barn... but, ....I needed to do it BEFORE the bees moved in. [​IMG]
    It had lots of flowers up until January, then we had a freeze.
    [​IMG]

My husband made me a bee gate for the fence:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

2 people like this.
  9. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    I love that gate. and very nice hive too. your flowers make me look forward to spring. [​IMG]

10. N F C

N F C dem crazy bones Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Great gate! Good luck getting more bees. That's something we hope to add to our place before much longer.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by