BYC Member Interview - 50-45-1

It's nice to officially meet you @50-45-1 . My condolences on the loss of your husband. :hugs

Holy mackerel on your daughter grabbing that hawk. That made my day. She must be a master chicken wrangler to grab that hawk and not get hurt.

I'm now hungry looking at your pictures. :)

Give Miki a pet from me. He looks to be getting older. I bet he's a good chicken wrangler too.

Great interview. I'm astonished your daughter grabbed that eagle! And I know the feeling of living in the family's home because I live in the house my great grandfather provided. It's very different from your's though because it's in the suburbs but it remains mostly intact, although there's a construction project on the horizon. I also related to the story of driving along with a chicken in the car :gig but in my case I've been surprised by how few people notice! Out of all the trips to and from the vet with a hen or two, only four people have ever noticed.

This was such a great interview to read. I really enjoyed it. It especially was encouraging to find someone who has been raising chickens for years and has no problem seeing their birds as both a food source and yet still as a pet. All a newbie hears is either your birds are food so never name them, or your birds are pets. Nothing in between. You have balance. I loved reading about your special birds but the story of your daughter with a hawk, wow!
Good od interview all around!

Back
Top Bottom