BYC Member Interview - Abriana **UPDATE 03-29-24 page 3**

** UPDATE on @Abriana 03-29-24 **

It's been several years since @Abriana's member interview was first posted; let's catch up!

Here is my interview update! Hard to believe it’s been 6 years 🥲

6 years later and I’m still keeping chickens! In the current flock are 9 hens and my rooster Uriah. Sadly Napoleon passed away 4 years ago, he is terribly missed. I do have one hen left from the OG flock who just turned 8! In between my member interview and this update I did fulfill my dream of becoming a duck mom, but one passed away from a hawk attack and the other went to a new home and got married to a lady duck.

In addition to chickens, my family now has two dogs (Beau and his son Charlie!), two rabbits, a barn cat, and occasionally we have some beef cows but we don’t have any right now.

Besides poultry keeping, I’m now in college studying zoology, and I hope to get accepted into vet school to become a large animal/farm vet. BYC was actually a major inspiration for me and made me realize how much I like taking care of animals and learning about their medical needs. Thanks to everyone who put up with me as a kid on here who loved answering questions 😂 I also work as a sailing instructor during the summers, and I still love to read and draw.

@Abriana I hope you've found time to keep up with your artwork! I love the picture you painted for me :)
Screen Shot 2024-03-29 at 3.11.21 PM.png

It's so nice to hear things are going well for you, best of luck with school!

That's a spectacular update @Abriana . The world needs more veterinarians. Wishing you the best. What an exciting future. :)
Thank you! I am very excited!
Great update.
I agree, veterinarians are always in demand. Good luck with your studies!
Thanks!
@Abriana I hope you've found time to keep up with your artwork! I love the picture you painted for me :)
View attachment 3785607

It's so nice to hear things are going well for you, best of luck with school!
I do try to find time! I’ve done a few portraits here and there. I’m so glad you still love it! and thank you!

Hiya, Abriana. I too am glad to hear of your aspirations as this world does need more animal carers out there! ❤️

Not that I've ever brought it up on BYC but you're the first person I knew sailed. We have one we bought many years ago. Us old farts go when the weather is perfect, so like once a summer. :old

Thanks for the update! Wow, in college now! Best wishes for you in all of your academic endeavors!
Thank you!!
Hiya, Abriana. I too am glad to hear of your aspirations as this world does need more animal carers out there! ❤️

Not that I've ever brought it up on BYC but you're the first person I knew sailed. We have one we bought many years ago. Us old farts go when the weather is perfect, so like once a summer. :old
It is a very niche sport, I barely ever meet anyone else who sails! I mostly teach on lasers but my sister and I LOVE taking out the big sailboat out after work for a few hours.

** UPDATE on @Abriana 03-29-24 **

It's been several years since @Abriana's member interview was first posted; let's catch up!

Here is my interview update! Hard to believe it’s been 6 years 🥲

6 years later and I’m still keeping chickens! In the current flock are 9 hens and my rooster Uriah. Sadly Napoleon passed away 4 years ago, he is terribly missed. I do have one hen left from the OG flock who just turned 8! In between my member interview and this update I did fulfill my dream of becoming a duck mom, but one passed away from a hawk attack and the other went to a new home and got married to a lady duck.

In addition to chickens, my family now has two dogs (Beau and his son Charlie!), two rabbits, a barn cat, and occasionally we have some beef cows but we don’t have any right now.

Besides poultry keeping, I’m now in college studying zoology, and I hope to get accepted into vet school to become a large animal/farm vet. BYC was actually a major inspiration for me and made me realize how much I like taking care of animals and learning about their medical needs. Thanks to everyone who put up with me as a kid on here who loved answering questions 😂 I also work as a sailing instructor during the summers, and I still love to read and draw.
Awesome update!! I am so happy you found the path you want to be on! I cant believe its been so long! Sorry to hear a about your losses but happy to hear you still have chickens.

I think all us OGS(not that i am technically an OG) would love to see some of your new chicken drawings!! 😉

Back
Top Bottom