BYC Member Interview - lazy gardener

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by sumi, Aug 12, 2015.

1. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    Hi lg [​IMG]

You've been such a wonderful support and you're a great source of education! Jack is a beautiful bird, he's so deep bodied. I'll bet his chicks are going to make wonderful birds for you.

Sheesh, reading all the stuff you do....makes me feel like the lazy one [​IMG]

2. BYC910

BYC910 Flock Master Premium Member

Hi Holly I love the rock and the coop and the wife will love the name Because it's the same your not so Lazy.

3. sideWing

sideWing Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2015
    Utah
    Thank you for sharing Holly! My wife still doesn't understand my watching the chickens for entertainment, but she'll come around.

4. lazy gardener

lazy gardener Flock Master

Nov 7, 2012
    CENTRAL MAINE zone 4B
    Donrae, Yes, he's making wonderful chicks. His daughters are bigger and fuller bodied than their mothers are. And he's throwing sex links! You are far from lazy. You have plenty on your plate. #1 is taking care of yourself!!!

I have 2 speeds: stop and go. Lazy b/c I don't do anything in the garden that is not absolutely necessary. Right now, the weeds are as tall as me where I was skimpy on the mulch, but... I really don't care, just tromp them down to get to the veggies, and they are a wonderful green manure and fodder for the chickens when they get to glean next month.

Yes she will. Hubby alternately shakes his head in frustration at my hobby, but is starting to stand to watch when he tosses dinner scraps, and asks the very occasional question since tending them for the 10 days that I was gone. BTW, no one died during that time!!!

Last edited: Aug 12, 2015
  5. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    What a lovely interview! Nice pictures too. Wow, you sure have had the critters over your days!

Thanks for sharing!! :)

6. lazy gardener

Nov 7, 2012
    CENTRAL MAINE zone 4B
    Thank you.

7. ronott1

ronott1 A chicken will always remember the egg Premium Member Project Manager

Mar 31, 2011
    Wodland, CA
    My Coop
    Thanks for sharing such a great interview!

8. lazy gardener

Nov 7, 2012
    CENTRAL MAINE zone 4B
    You're welcome.

9. Blooie

Blooie Team Spina Bifida Premium Member

Feb 25, 2014
    Northwestern Wyoming
    My Coop
    I'm so glad to learn that you have another for-really name! I've been calling you "LG" for so long! I've still never understood the Lazy in your screen name! I get exhausted just reading all of the stuff you do on different threads, but to see it all in one place in one thread is amazing! I'm so proud to count you among my friends. Great interview, great person!

10. aart

aart Chicken Juggler! Premium Member

Nov 27, 2012
    SW Michigan
    My Coop
    LOL she's only Lazy when it comes to gardening. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by