1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

BYC Member Pages

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by mikecnorthwest, Mar 12, 2012.

1. mikecnorthwest

mikecnorthwest Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2009
    Vancouver, WA
    My Coop
    I'm finding it impossible to locate people's member pages and the only reason I can find mine is because I bookmarked it. I would have thought that clicking on a member's profile name in a forum posting would lead to a link to that member's BYC page but that doesn't appear to be the case. I'm sure there's an easy answer to this but I just can't figure it out.

2. scratch'n'peck

scratch'n'peck Overrun With Chickens

Oct 31, 2008
    West Michigan
    My Coop
    I have not found an easy way to search for them either. They are in the in the learning center section, and there is a search function but if you put in the member name, it doesn't come up with any results. That is why I put the links in my signature, because I figure if I spent time putting it together I would like people to take a look.

3. mikecnorthwest

Mar 27, 2009
    Vancouver, WA
    My Coop
    Thanks Scratch... that's a step in the right direction. I added my BYC page link to my signature.

4. scratch'n'peck

Oct 31, 2008
    West Michigan
    My Coop
    Cool page. You have a great coop that is perfect for the normal sized yard.

Now everyone else needs to add their BYC page or Chicken Page to their signature line!

5. Judy

Judy Moderator Staff Member

Feb 5, 2009
    South Georgia
    You can also paste its url into the "my coop" field in your profile, and it will show up as "my coop" in your postbit, below your name and avatar. The "my coop" field is in your profile under edit community profile, at the bottom.

6. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Hopefully this will help you find your (and other member's) pages:

Where are “My Pages”?

To see a list of all the pages you’ve created, or a list of pages created by another member, follow these steps:
    1. Go to your profile, or the user’s profile
    2. Scroll down to “Activity Feed”
    3. De-select “Breeds & Supplies” “Forum” & “Profile” so that only “Articles” has a green dot. This will show all your pages / articles (or those of the member you’ve selected).
    4. You should see something like this:

[​IMG]

7. scratch'n'peck

Oct 31, 2008
    West Michigan
    My Coop
    Okay, I get it - you can go to another member's profile by clicking on their avatar and then search their activity feed as described. I just tried it and it worked [​IMG]

Thank you Flockwatcher for mentioning the "My Coop" under community profile. I added that after you mentioned it but I don't think many other members know about it yet.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2012
  8. mikecnorthwest

Mar 27, 2009
    Vancouver, WA
    My Coop
    Thanks Nifty.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by