BYC members in Massachusetts?

Hi Just found this thread. I am in Granville MA (MA/CT border). Have a few roosters I thought someone may be interested in,,,Let me know if you see one you might want. Blue Ameraucana, Blue wheaten Ameraucana, Black Copper Marans, Blue Copper Marans, Wheaten Ameraucana and White Sport Cream Legbar

I'm in east Bridgewater I have I believe 3 silkie roosters about 4 months think there roosters also 5 Easter eggers 4 months old and a barred rock same age 3 comets at 4 months then 3 comets we saved 3 years ok a RI rooster 4 months and our white chicken really fun the silkies are incredibly brave

Hi Just found this thread. I am in Granville MA (MA/CT border). Have a few roosters I thought someone may be interested in,,,Let me know if you see one you might want. Blue Ameraucana, Blue wheaten Ameraucana, Black Copper Marans, Blue Copper Marans, Wheaten Ameraucana and White Sport Cream Legbar

Hey, windyridgefarm I got some welsh harlequin duck eggs from you this past spring, just wanted to say that out of the 14, 12 hatched and they are just starting to molt into their adult feathers, a fox got 2 but the rest are all doing great, they do try to wander allot though. Also out of the 12 only 3 were boys and the fox got one of them so now we have 8 girls 2 boys (and 1 khaki campbell boy from tractor supply). These are some pics of them.

Good to hear from you. They are so cute in the picture... Has me looking forward to the 14th when I should have some hatching for a friend.
Only three out of twelve boys... and the one the fox got was a boy. If I was you I would be playing the lottery.
Hope the fox got his fill and stays away. Unfortunately it usually doesn't work that way. Knock on wood...

Yeah, we've been keeping them in a pen most of the time since the fox attack because otherwise they wander down the field towards the woods. We picked up the eggs in our electric car and actually ran out of power on the way home, so getting those eggs was quite an adventure lol.

Last edited:
Ours discovered our pond so now whenever we let them out they go straight to it, swim around and then lay down on the grass to dry off. The pond is about 1/4 mile from their pen/our house so they get a good long walk getting there and coming back. And yeah, they are GREAT foragers, they also ate most of our strawberries, blueberries, tomatoes, peaches and apples, they eat way faster than our chickens.

Glad to hear they are so well fed LOL. (you literally had me laughing out loud) thinking of them in the strawberries etc...though not sure how they got into the peaches and apples unless it was to clean up the grounders.

Yeah with the strawberries and tomatoes their whole heads were stained red, they are pretty funny ducks! With the peaches and apples they just ate the ones on the ground that the chickens had started eating, and my turkeys would fly up into the tree and knock more down by accident.

Back
Top Bottom