BYC members in Massachusetts?

Hey Everyone,

I actually got lucky, my brother in law had a 5x5x4 shed type of thing next to his house for trash and cycling bins that they no longer wanted. It has a pitched roof with shingles and siding and only one open end, so a minor adjustments and attach a floor and I have a coop!! If all goes to plan I will have it started this weekend.

Next step is building a little run and then getting some chicks. I think I would rather them be a few weeks old then days since this is my first go around.

Thank you for all the feedback I am going to look into all those options.

Great chicks at great price in Massachusetts:
00m0m_aWBq4bFquM_600x450.jpg

Isbar $10
Chocolate Cuckoo Orpingtons $20
Lavender Cuckoo Orpingtons $20
Svart Hona $30

Straight run (females and males not separated).

NPIP tested by State- Pullorum, Thypoid, and Avian Flu Negative!
All vaccinated for Merek's disease!

Are birds are well cared for!

trying to find a few pastel layers like Amercaunas/Araucanas to add to the kennel (or raise in adjacent and integrate soon) while they're young and (hopefully) will still play nice.

Anyone know a MA farm that might have them?

Glad to be here for the support and camaraderie!
Cheers,
Nic
I have been looking myself and found this one in Acushnet that has Cream Legbars: http://www.twincedarfarm.net/pictures.html.

I don't know anything about the farm, but it might be worth checking out.

We went to North River feed store/family pet & garden center today, not real sure the name, it's on 53, and anyways, I loved it. So many animals running around! I'm a little worried that the chicks are on the edge of the greenhouse and concrete floor, where the green house starts, so it's really hot and they were all panting/looked a little distressed :( BUT besides that, it was great and the other animals are taken care of. Guess the chicks thing isn't really necessarily something they can help. They had a rabbit and he had a cage in the greenhouse but the door was open so he can hop around wherever he feels like it :) one of the fluffy ones but not that fluffy. Ran away whenever I got close though lol and they had 2 cats, one was soooo friendly. Flopped down on the concrete and let me pet her. Then another one, heavily pregnant. She wandered around a bit more but finally sat still and I scratched her head for a sec. She had found a bag of food with a tiny hole in it and was eating from it LOL they also had 4 kittens in a cage back with the cat food. They were SOOO cute. I think they were the first cat's kittens.

then we went to tractor supply hah

Also someone at a different store told us they were getting some chicks next week from Hanson or Halifax or something like that? Anyone ever been to that one??

But yeah, I loved the extremely friendly and adorable cats LOL

Last edited:
We went to North River feed store/family pet & garden center today, not real sure the name, it's on 53, and anyways, I loved it. So many animals running around! I'm a little worried that the chicks are on the edge of the greenhouse and concrete floor, where the green house starts, so it's really hot and they were all panting/looked a little distressed
sad.png
BUT besides that, it was great and the other animals are taken care of. Guess the chicks thing isn't really necessarily something they can help. They had a rabbit and he had a cage in the greenhouse but the door was open so he can hop around wherever he feels like it
smile.png
one of the fluffy ones but not that fluffy. Ran away whenever I got close though lol and they had 2 cats, one was soooo friendly. Flopped down on the concrete and let me pet her. Then another one, heavily pregnant. She wandered around a bit more but finally sat still and I scratched her head for a sec. She had found a bag of food with a tiny hole in it and was eating from it LOL they also had 4 kittens in a cage back with the cat food. They were SOOO cute. I think they were the first cat's kittens.

then we went to tractor supply hah

Also someone at a different store told us they were getting some chicks next week from Hanson or Halifax or something like that? Anyone ever been to that one??

But yeah, I loved the extremely friendly and adorable cats LOL

Morrison's in Plymouth is very good.

Back
Top Bottom