BYC members in Massachusetts?

Pics
Quote:
dead on. It was funny, when I bought the house it was deeded in Newbury, but I was confused when they told me that I lived in Byfield.... But we absolutely love it here. close to everything, but just far enough away. nice and quiet. and 6 min from door to beach... and agriculturaly zoned, so I can have whatever I want....as long as i dont upset the neighbors too much, but so far so good.

so chickn, where are you from in NH? I'll guess the Hampton/Seabrook area if you know about Byfield. God knows I didnt know where it was till I moved there.
lol.png

Hi Neighbor!!

Hiddy-Ho Neighbor!!

Quote:
dead on. It was funny, when I bought the house it was deeded in Newbury, but I was confused when they told me that I lived in Byfield.... But we absolutely love it here. close to everything, but just far enough away. nice and quiet. and 6 min from door to beach... and agriculturaly zoned, so I can have whatever I want....as long as i dont upset the neighbors too much, but so far so good.

so chickn, where are you from in NH? I'll guess the Hampton/Seabrook area if you know about Byfield. God knows I didnt know where it was till I moved there.
lol.png

i am in seabrook. small world. we go to byfield when my son is in baseball. did you happen to make it over to topsfield for the auction at the fairgrounds last fall, that is something not to miss! i believe it was just after the end of the fair.

I didnt make it to the auction, I actually got into chickens right around that time. We tossed around the idea before the fair, went to the fair, and didnt order our first chicks till this Jan. But I'm sure we'll attend this fall. I'd like to get a couple of silkies this year, but dont know if they can go with my flock, or if they should be seperate? But the niece part is that I have time to learn. And we actually signed my oldest son up for Byfield's T-ball this year...the fun begins.

Quote:
i am in seabrook. small world. we go to byfield when my son is in baseball. did you happen to make it over to topsfield for the auction at the fairgrounds last fall, that is something not to miss! i believe it was just after the end of the fair.

I didnt make it to the auction, I actually got into chickens right around that time. We tossed around the idea before the fair, went to the fair, and didnt order our first chicks till this Jan. But I'm sure we'll attend this fall. I'd like to get a couple of silkies this year, but dont know if they can go with my flock, or if they should be seperate? But the niece part is that I have time to learn. And we actually signed my oldest son up for Byfield's T-ball this year...the fun begins.

great, silkies usually can mix in with any flock, depends on how everyone gets along, ways to introduce them etc

tball awesome,it is so much fun. my son is old enough to move up to play with the older kids now, i am a wreck. fastballs flying towards my baby. ugh, LOL

Last edited:
Hello Massachusetts!
woot.gif

Just a reminder that there are still lots of towns and cities right here in Massachusetts up for grabs in the BYC Chicken L.O.R.E. Project!

This is a massive undertaking, and everyone is encouraged to participate! Your knowledge of Chicken L.O.R.E. will earn you GFM Scratch, which are good towards new GFM Memberships, Membership extensions, or Membership gifts.

Remember - you don't have to select a city in Massachusetts - cruise the selection list and choose any city still available!

Get started now! Click on the Chicken L.O.R.E. link above for all the details, and remember your Project Managers are here to help in any way we can.

Good Luck, and Thanx for Joining In!
clap.gif

Looking for a silkie(s) to start my flock! Any ideas who locally might be willing to part with a nice broody Mama so I can hatch out some eggs? I don't mind if she's young or not broody or even laying yet, just want to make sure she's female! I've heard silkies are the way to go if you want a broody Mama so you don't have to do an incubator...

I'd love 1-3. If anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear them!

Back
Top Bottom