BYC members in Massachusetts?

hi all, just found the state thread ... new to the chicken madness. twom month in and already the mistakes are piling up - like, don't buy chicks before having a coop/run set up ... that's the biggest. The gals are still in the downstairs bath brooding but really ought to be outside. Coop isn't finished, but I doubled the brooder space so they have a dining room and separate lounge area. they are very happy in the a/c and get to listen to big band swing from the 30s most days, which they love. Anyone else have chickens who love to listen to music?

Welcome to the Mass thread. I got my first chickens before their coop was finished. Chickens in the house are not fun. Don't get me started on the dust. I kept my first and second batches in my sunroom where they were treated to classical music on WCRB. The last little group were brooded on my enclosed front porch. Much better idea and the little ladies got more visual stimulation out there. Good luck with your wee ones.

Hello if anyones looking for a muscovy drake I have a beautiful black male who is 9-10 weeks old.
1594772910361.png

Back
Top Bottom