BYC members in Massachusetts?

What kind are they? I know of several places that will take roosters, but can't guarantee they will all find homes. Unfortunately there are far more males available than there are pet homes for them.
[/quote

Thank you right know I have a black silkie I think I have a silver lace Cochin.

Hey Massachuseteans(?) I just recently moved to Gloucester from Louisiana, and am having fresh egg withdrawal. I had a small flock of Cochin/Ameracuana mixes that I had to leave behind when I moved. I bought my first eggs in my entire life last week and it was painful. I know many flocks aren't laying this time of the year, but I am looking for some hatching eggs to get a flock started for the spring. I am not too picky with breeds, as long as they lay eggs and are docile breeds. I would love to get Cochins or easter eggers but don't care that much. Thanks so much!

Hey Massachuseteans(?) I just recently moved to Gloucester from Louisiana, and am having fresh egg withdrawal. I had a small flock of Cochin/Ameracuana mixes that I had to leave behind when I moved. I bought my first eggs in my entire life last week and it was painful. I know many flocks aren't laying this time of the year, but I am looking for some hatching eggs to get a flock started for the spring. I am not too picky with breeds, as long as they lay eggs and are docile breeds. I would love to get Cochins or easter eggers but don't care that much. Thanks so much!
Welcome to the Nawth Shaoh.
wink.png

Try Hardy's poultry hatchery on Rte. 133 in Ipswich. They sell chicks and hatching eggs. Not sure what they have at the moment, but they always have a selection of popular breeds in the spring.

Also, the Agway on Wenham St. in Danvers sells chicks from spring through late summer. Not sure if they do hatching eggs, but the young woman who is in charge of the poultry concession may be able to take special orders.

If you can't find anything closer--

My Easter Eggers are laying again-- Blue rooster runs with these girls who free range, meaning another rooster might over them. All good layers.

Cool I'll have to give Hardy's a call. Where are you located Ariell? Thanks for the welcome, I have always been apprehensive about living with massholes all around but y'all ain't too bad (poor driving is a whole other issue).

Excuse me, neighbors. I am a Maine resident but our family is looking to move to Mass. I have geese and kids and a dog so any housing is going to be tough to find that would let us keep them all. lol We aren't looking for luxury but would like some space and a nice community/school for our kids. In my current home our neighbors still wave to each other, even if we don't always know who they are, and our neighbors know each other. Its nice here with a lot of interest in responsible farming practices and we do have a great school, but our family is in Mass and my partner is looking at a work transfer. I've noticed that Mass is a lot more expensive than Maine and the pace seems faster. Is there anywhere that the pace isn't zoom zoom? I raise Sebastopols and Pomeranian Geese. I have a small flock and don't want to get much bigger but I know that finding a house to rent that will allow us to farm and raise our animals might be impossible without some guidance. Anyone feeling generous? PMs are great. Thank you for any warnings or suggestions.
fl.gif

Excuse me, neighbors. I am a Maine resident but our family is looking to move to Mass. I have geese and kids and a dog so any housing is going to be tough to find that would let us keep them all. lol We aren't looking for luxury but would like some space and a nice community/school for our kids. In my current home our neighbors still wave to each other, even if we don't always know who they are, and our neighbors know each other. Its nice here with a lot of interest in responsible farming practices and we do have a great school, but our family is in Mass and my partner is looking at a work transfer. I've noticed that Mass is a lot more expensive than Maine and the pace seems faster. Is there anywhere that the pace isn't zoom zoom? I raise Sebastopols and Pomeranian Geese. I have a small flock and don't want to get much bigger but I know that finding a house to rent that will allow us to farm and raise our animals might be impossible without some guidance. Anyone feeling generous? PMs are great. Thank you for any warnings or suggestions.
fl.gif
Hi there Ash. I'll send you a PM.

Back
Top Bottom