BYC members in Massachusetts?

I ordered a some assortment chicks (Meyer Hatchery) that hatched this past weekend and now that I've got them identified, there are four I'd like to rehome.

I'm 90% sure of the breeds, but no guarantees.
Golden Campine - hatchery sexed Female
Light Brown Leghorn (edit: this might be a Barnevelder, the cheek making aren't very Leghorn) , hatchery sexed Female
Black Cochin Bantam (possibly with a frizzle gene) - straight run
Easter Egger Bantam - straight run

I'm near the junction of 2 and 495, and might be able to deliver/meet up, depending on distance and direction. Best if you can take all four.

Last edited:
Yep. I am limited to how many birds I can keep, and since I've had bad luck with losses on the last couple orders, I ordered extra chicks, expecting some to die in transit. They're all really healthy this time, so I let my kid pick her favorites and am looking to rehome the rest.

Edit to ad: I have someone interested in the large fowl, but would really prefer to send them all to the same place, for simplicity sake. If I can find someone is interested in just the bantams, I'm willing to consider splitting them.

Last edited:
I ordered a some assortment chicks (Meyer Hatchery) that hatched this past weekend and now that I've got them identified, there are four I'd like to rehome.

I'm 90% sure of the breeds, but no guarantees.
Golden Campine - hatchery sexed Female
Light Brown Leghorn (edit: this might be a Barnevelder, the cheek making aren't very Leghorn) , hatchery sexed Female
Black Cochin Bantam (possibly with a frizzle gene) - straight run
Easter Egger Bantam - straight run

I'm near the junction of 2 and 495, and might be able to deliver/meet up, depending on distance and direction. Best if you can take all four.
To be honest I would consider the Cochin if it wasn't straight run, I already got my rooster and would like a Cochin or Cochin bantam pullet, if anyone has this let me know , thanks :)

I'm from Marstons Mills, and must say that there are not too many breeders on Cape
Cod, but check craigslist and you can find just about anything. I found Lemon Cuckoo
Orpingtons at very reasonable prices from a lady in Derry N.H.

Back
Top Bottom