BYC members in Massachusetts?

Hi Everyone. I have a friend thats actually in RI, but close to MA border. She hatched out chicks for her school classroom, and had one chick that was splay legged.She is using the chicken chick's tutorial on how to "fix" the chick. I guess that after the class experiment of hatching chicks, she is returning them to the farm she got the eggs from, but she is pretty sure that they will not devote the time to this chick alone and will let it die/ cull it.

I cannot take the chick and raise it either because for the next few months, I am pretty much never home, thanks to work and school.

Is there anyone out there in the eastern MA/RI area thats willing to take this chick on?

Do you know what breed or the sex is?

Our new 'portable' coop is nearly finished. Still needs a roost bar and locks for the doors. Its been difficult letting go of some of our birds but I am glad to be continuing my work the Orloffs. CMBF is having its annual Spring show this weekend, Sunday in Windsor Maine. I hope some of you will be there.

Our new 'portable' coop is nearly finished. Still needs a roost bar and locks for the doors. Its been difficult letting go of some of our birds but I am glad to be continuing my work the Orloffs. CMBF is having its annual Spring show this weekend, Sunday in Windsor Maine. I hope some of you will be there.

What show is this? Is there a place with more info?

What show is this? Is there a place with more info?
Its the Central Maine Bird Fancier's Spring show. There is one in the fall as well. Usually they are well attended and the birds have been really good most of the time. You could probably find more information through their face book or website pages. Its Sunday, with an early coop in for those who are showing of Saturday, at the Windsor Fair grounds, which are pretty easy to find/well marked. ITs free and has some really great folks showing who've kept birds for decades! Folks from MA, MA VT NY NH and Canada show up. We've had others from farther away but its a great heritage bird show with an auction and some sales.

HI fellow Massachusetts chicken owners!! I am new to BYC - just joined yesterday looking for advice with an injured bird. Have been reading on the site for over a year now - we started with chicks this time last year and were really enjoying them, unfortunately a fox killed 4 of them 1 week ago (in the middle of the day!) We still have one healthy Ameracuana and one injured buff orpington who I am hoping with recover. Ours were free-range and I guess we just learned the hard way why that is not always a good plan (this time of year, especially, I guess. Anyway, we are looking to replace a few and our hoping to find some chicks. I would definitely be interested in knowing where your 4H is located because if not too far from us I would want to get some of their chicks. I am not sure how to send a PM on this site yet though!! Also, our local feed store has some 2 week old chicks but apparently they are NOT vaccinated for Mareks. Does anyone know how important that is in Mass? Our others came from a hatchery a year ago and are vaccinated.

Hi - yes - I am in the Springfield area and would definitely love it if you would share any local contacts for chicks - thanks!

Its the Central Maine Bird Fancier's Spring show. There is one in the fall as well. Usually they are well attended and the birds have been really good most of the time. You could probably find more information through their face book or website pages. Its Sunday, with an early coop in for those who are showing of Saturday, at the Windsor Fair grounds, which are pretty easy to find/well marked. ITs free and has some really great folks showing who've kept birds for decades! Folks from MA, MA VT NY NH and Canada show up. We've had others from farther away but its a great heritage bird show with an auction and some sales.

We ended up working on the farm all week-end so didn't make it. How was the show?

Back
Top Bottom