BYC members in Massachusetts?

hmm.png
That's weird, probably just cause she is young though.

Here's an article on egg shell abnormalities https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/common-egg-quality-problems

Free Easter egger rooster-14 weeks. Mendon. Looking for a nice place for him where he can free range. Hate to get rid of him, but he's only got 6 ladies and I don't want them bare-backed!

Last edited:
Gorgeous roo!

And I don't think the ladies would necessarily get barebacked, I know of a couple people who have breeding pens with 5-6 hens and some with even less. I think they would be fine. It depends on the roo too, some are more rough or gentle than others and some have their favorite hens no matter how many hens you provide. You could always wait and see how rough he is and then if he's too rough rehome him then. Or you could get saddles for the hens. I think with free ranging too they can get away from him easier if they desired, it's harder in pens. If it was me I would wait and see. :)

But I do understand if you've already made the decision

Gorgeous roo!

And I don't think the ladies would necessarily get barebacked, I know of a couple people who have breeding pens with 5-6 hens and some with even less. I think they would be fine. It depends on the roo too, some are more rough or gentle than others and some have their favorite hens no matter how many hens you provide. You could always wait and see how rough he is and then if he's too rough rehome him then. Or you could get saddles for the hens. I think with free ranging too they can get away from him easier if they desired, it's harder in pens. If it was me I would wait and see.
smile.png

But I do understand if you've already made the decision

That's good advice. I love him! We are going to wait and see. Thank you for the support!

Back
Top Bottom