BYC members in Massachusetts?

Hi Everyone... I live in Lincoln, MA. Received our first group of girls this past September and a second group in October. Had ten total but lost one (horribly) this week to a hawk. Totally devastated! Now my girls are confined in their coop until I can get the net I ordered installed over their run. Happy to "meet" everyone!

Hi Everyone... I live in Lincoln, MA. Received our first group of girls this past September and a second group in October. Had ten total but lost one (horribly) this week to a hawk. Totally devastated! Now my girls are confined in their coop until I can get the net I ordered installed over their run. Happy to "meet" everyone!
Welcome to BYC! Lincoln is a really nice area. How big is the net? I want to fix something up so I can let my flock out of their run safely. We have hawks in this area and I've heard eagles are coming back as well.

I ordered it on Amazon. It is 25' by 50' and cost around $30.
Thanks for the info. I was thinking of using some snow fence to keep them somewhat corralled, the netting would be great to hopefully protect from winged predators. Already this morning a Fischer Cat ran through my yard and a pair of bald eagles flew over my head when I was shoveling the driveway. I spoke to my neighbor about the Fischer Cat and she told me she still free ranges her chickens and just lost another one recently. She has lost a lot of chickens to predators. This is why I have a covered run for me. Let me know how the net works for you.

Anybody in the mood for chicks? I have 16 rare breed assorted females from Meyer Hatchery. They are two weeks old today and I need to sell off some. I have 2 lavender orpingtons, 2 olive eggers, one black Ameraucana, 5 cute Easter Eggers, a cuckoo Marans, and several others of which I haven’t identified breeds. They are all very sweet and have been hand raised. They haven’t been mingling with my flock, but I’m NPIP certified and can provide a copy of my certification. Let me know if you’re interested. I’m in Concord, MA. Thanks!

Anybody in the mood for chicks? I have 16 rare breed assorted females from Meyer Hatchery. They are two weeks old today and I need to sell off some. I have 2 lavender orpingtons, 2 olive eggers, one black Ameraucana, 5 cute Easter Eggers, a cuckoo Marans, and several others of which I haven’t identified breeds. They are all very sweet and have been hand raised. They haven’t been mingling with my flock, but I’m NPIP certified and can provide a copy of my certification. Let me know if you’re interested. I’m in Concord, MA. Thanks!
You really do have your hands full. This is tempting, but I haven't put my brooder together yet. Good luck. Try posting pictures.

That is really tempting but I have an order in from them for 5 chicks in April and don’t really have room in my coop for more than that (already have 7). But good luck finding them homes!! You might try Craigslist or maybe FB yard sale thing. Are you in the Homesteaders of New England FB group? There are a lot of nice people there and they have a lot of members all over New England so someone in there would probably be able to take some of your chicks!

Back
Top Bottom