BYC members in Massachusetts?

I started blocking the nest box by jamming a slightly deflated Basketball in the opening just before dusk and pulling it out each morning coincidentally by girls started laying this week love those warm days.

Hi Mass Chicken Friends, Im thinking about hatching some chicks again this spring. Anyone selling any interesting hatching eggs? I would like a few white egg layers to add to my flock as I dont have any or any other interesting layer. Last years hatch of polish, spitzhauben and silkes were ALL cockerels!!! Thanks, BTW Im southeast of Worcester but willing to drive a bit. Thanks

Check out the Hatching House in Canterbury, Connecticut. I'm excited to get some Fifty-Five Flowery Hen chicks from them this spring. FFFs are supposed to be friendly and prolific layers of extra-large white eggs. And they're autosexing so you'll know at hatch how many hens/roosters.

Hi Mass Chicken Friends, Im thinking about hatching some chicks again this spring. Anyone selling any interesting hatching eggs? I would like a few white egg layers to add to my flock as I dont have any or any other interesting layer. Last years hatch of polish, spitzhauben and silkes were ALL cockerels!!! Thanks, BTW Im southeast of Worcester but willing to drive a bit. Thanks

I know how you feel... my Thanksgiving hatch is looking like 90% cockerels. :th I seriously think I only have one girl out of the entire hatch. :th

I’m no help on eggs though but I hope you can find some!

Are there any BYC members in Massachusetts? Or am I all alone?
hmm.png
I'm in Massachusetts!

Back
Top Bottom