BYC members in Massachusetts?

Pics
Quote:
Yup its in taunton, i go there too
big_smile.png
and its a great company if anyone can i would buy from them http://www.venturagraininc.com/

Quote:
Mine are between 15 and 16 weeks old and I can't wait for "someday" either!!
smile.png
I've got a BR, Gladys who talks back to me if I talk to her. It's the only way I can tell her apart from her sister BR, Maude. It's too funny and I love it. I have two Australorps and one is a rooster (almost positive anyway). The other, Black Beauty (BB for short), is the shyest of our flock but her beauty makes up for it.

Enjoy!

Hi... I am in north centralish Mass too.. just joined. Hey everyone! This is a very big forum and all the people seem so nice.

I have two Old english bantam hens and 2 chicks (not sure of the gender yet). We also have 3 pullet RIR's and 1 New Hampshire red. We had many more (about 20 bantams) but our flock was wiped out by 3 fisher cats (baaaaaaaad bad predators!!!!...they chewed a hole thru my barn floor!!) This happened about 3 weeks ago but I am still in shock and REALLY miss my babies. I had some of the prettiest roos... black breasted and red breasted reds and silver duckwings.... and hens so tame, they would sit like a teacup in my hand... and many new baby chicks, ALL gone
sad.png
. So now I have my banty survivors in a Fort Knox type of rabbit cage... and my standard pullets in a rabbit cage in the garage (not taking any chances!) We have a new coop on order, due to arrive the end of July. Mannnn!

Shay 20.... I saw your ad for Chickenstock a couple of days ago and was planning on visiting (hoping to buy more chickens... bantys and standards both), but it was just too hot (the heat really bothers me bad). Hope you will have another Chickenstock (LOL...LOVE that name
lol.png
) again soon? Would love to meet you and other MA chicken peeps
smile.png

Hi again to all!!!
frow.gif

Thanks everyone for the kind welcome.

My girls got out of the backyard this morning. Found them in the front yard and we live on a busy street. They had been out for about an hour. I don't know how long they were in the front yard, but I am sure they startled a few people at 6:30 on a Monday morning. Not something you see in my part of the island that often. I also probably looked funny herding them back to the back yard in my pajamas.
roll.png

kannna, I go out to feed nearly every morning in my bathrobe
big_smile.png
... its just the kinda thing we chicken people do.

Mine can be little Houdini's too.. escaping whenever they get the chance.

Back
Top Bottom