BYC members in Massachusetts?

Pics
hey im from MA too, south of boston, near plymouth. oh and i think i made a thread not realizing there were already 2 about this type of thing, sorry... lol
lol.png
, but yeah, im from MA too, yippee!
woot.gif
ya.gif
clap.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
thumbsup.gif
bun.gif
jumpy.gif
D.gif
yippiechickie.gif
welcome-byc.gif
bun.gif
bun.gif
lolz
lol.png

ETA, oh and sorry about all the smileys, i chose all/most of the celebratory ones and put them here... lol
lol.png

Last edited:
I live in Taunton Mass. My older ladies free roam. Had 5 but halks got one and not sure about the second one yet. I like having them free but with freedome there is always a price to pay
sad.png
This is my second year with chickens. I knew we had peditors in Massachusetts but haven't seen any till now. Might start locking them up durring the day too. Has any one else have preditor problems in this state? Thanks Scotty

Quote:
Hi Sc00ter4900!
I'm having hawk problem, too. Didn't lose yet, but I've seen hawk near my house and last week, it was watching my yard from tall tree near by.
Mine is free range during the day time and when I go out for long time (more than 2hours) I put them in the run.
I started thread asking about hawk problem here, if you want to join.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=376669&p=1

Hi,

This is my first year with a flock. I've been told that the hawks can be a problem and I know we have them here. I've seen evidence of them taking wild birds around our bird feeders when I used to use them. I think I'm a bit in denial about it. I've been letting mine free range during the day when I'm home. I think it's just a matter of time. I'm in a very wooded area and I see hawks around occasionally. I try to leave my dogs out with the girls as a deterrent. I'll have to go to that link Toi-toi, thanks.

Hi Everybody,
I live in Plymouth and have had 4 hens for a little over a year now. Does anyone know of a vet that will work with chickens in the Plymouth area?
Thanks,
Adam

Free buff polish crested roo. I have a delightful rooster is need of a good home. Or, actually, any home -- I'm not picky. I live in Berkshire County and could drive to meet you.

We have a 15 week old Buff Polish Crested that has turned out to be a rooster (we were hoping that “he” was really a “she”). Well, he made his very first cockadoodledoo this morning and mere hours later our neighbor had complained to the Town. We need to find a new home for him fast. He has been Mereks vaccinated and has his Pullorum certificate. He is a handsome bird (picture attached). My child showed him at the Adams Agricultural Fair and won a blue ribbon.

He is actually our most docile bird, having been handled extensively by my child ever since he was a chick. Contact me if you might be interested in adding him to you flock. I have no delusions about his possible fates -- he could make a nice meal for someone! Fine by me. I just need plausible deniability to my 7 year old.

49248_lafreak.jpg

Back
Top Bottom