BYC newbie

I hope they're happy!   "...like naughty children"....lol.  I don't know if I could physically get out to the chickens with any ice cream.....I'd have it ate before I got there no matter how much I took out....:D   

:yuckyuck
That is very true. Although if your chickens are anything like mine they'd have hopped onto your knees and started grabbing it out of the bowl. :p

ZakoHero: Lots of things, but the NG in my title refers to the explosive :lol:

ab4a3b6ffa9c5224e8d94f1bf069309e835bf44ada39a3ee5e6b4b0d3255bfef95601890afd80709da39a3ee5e6b4b0d3255bfef95601890afd80709a4b3225a1483568630b9.png

Thanks!

frow.gif
&
welcome-byc.gif
from Alabama. Glad you joined us.

Thanks!

yuckyuck.gif

That is very true. Although if your chickens are anything like mine they'd have hopped onto your knees and started grabbing it out of the bowl.
tongue.png

ZakoHero: Lots of things, but the NG in my title refers to the explosive
lol.png

lol.png
..... probably right on that....lol. Maybe it's not the best thing in the world for them, but their one true absolute favorite thing is bread. I save them the heels and a couple other pieces from each sack to give as a treat. When they see me coming with that sack or hear it....they just about mow me down... jumping to try and get the sack out of my hands if I am not tearing it off fast enough for them and all up in my business....
big_smile.png
. With watermelon, they're pretty interested, but not quite so CRAZY.... it's funny how they act according to what I'm bringing them. Sounds like they probably would rough me up and take over my bowl of delious ice cream then....
big_smile.png

On a side note....my girls don't seem to need to be around me as much now with roosters around as they did before I had roosters.....sniffle sniffle....
big_smile.png
. They'd peck around under the stock trailer until they seen me somewhere....then I would be surrounded by them pecking around while I worked around the barnyard on different things. I suppose they feel confident in the roosters protecting them now. They all still seem to be more brave if I'm out there, but it's still not as it was.....signing off, broken hearted in Missouri....
lol.png
lol.png

Boy, I've been going through all the different hatchery catalogs getting ready to order some chicks and getting excited! Part of my personality wants a flock of all the same breed, but staying with a rainbow flock I guess. I think I'm adding Buff Orpingtons, Speckled Sussex, Silver Laced Wyandottes and maybe Light Brahmas or something that looks like them to the mix....just a few of each. Can't wait to start watching them!

Boy, I've been going through all the different hatchery catalogs getting ready to order some chicks and getting excited! Part of my personality wants a flock of all the same breed, but staying with a rainbow flock I guess. I think I'm adding Buff Orpingtons, Speckled Sussex, Silver Laced Wyandottes and maybe Light Brahmas or something that looks like them to the mix....just a few of each. Can't wait to start watching them!
Cool!!Lucky!!You should post some pics!

:lol:  ..... probably right on that....lol.  Maybe it's not the best thing in the world for them, but their one true absolute favorite thing is bread.  I save them the heels and a couple other pieces from each sack to give as a treat.  When they see me coming with that sack or hear it....they just about mow me down... jumping to try and get the sack out of my hands if I am not tearing it off fast enough for them and all up in my business.... :D .   With watermelon, they're pretty interested, but not quite so CRAZY.... it's funny how they act according to what I'm bringing them.  Sounds like they probably would rough me up and take over my bowl of delious ice cream then.... :D

On a side note....my girls don't seem to need to be around me as much now with roosters around as they did before I had roosters.....sniffle sniffle....:D .  They'd peck around under the stock trailer until they seen me somewhere....then I would be surrounded by them pecking around while I worked around the barnyard on different things.  I suppose they feel confident in the roosters protecting them now.  They all still seem to be more brave if I'm out there, but it's still not as it was.....signing off, broken hearted in Missouri....:lol:  .. :lol:  

Sounds a bit like ours too. We only have to rattle the food tub at the entrance to their ... um, enclosure (more like a wild jungle nobody's bothered to de-weed :p) and they come leaping over the bit nettle bushes. That's another thing they love, by the way, nettle seeds. Every year we get a big stick and whack the nettles so the seeds fall down for the chickens.

I'm sure they still like you. :p We've never had roosters, so I wouldn't know, but I reckon our hens have always been into doing their own thing. The only time they'll hang around us is if we have food, then the greedy devils will peck our toes until we drop something. :lol:

Who here has ducks?

"I" don't have any ducks yet. Probably will someday, but want to have a really cool home built for them before I come home any....with swimming areas, logs, rocks, etc....really make it look they they are in the wild.

Cool!!Lucky!!You should post some pics!

I will! I take hundreds of pics every week. I should have turkeys and chicks from breeds I already have by the end of next month....then the breeds I just mentioned in April.

Sounds a bit like ours too. We only have to rattle the food tub at the entrance to their ... um, enclosure (more like a wild jungle nobody's bothered to de-weed
tongue.png
) and they come leaping over the bit nettle bushes. That's another thing they love, by the way, nettle seeds. Every year we get a big stick and whack the nettles so the seeds fall down for the chickens.

I'm sure they still like you.
tongue.png
We've never had roosters, so I wouldn't know, but I reckon our hens have always been into doing their own thing. The only time they'll hang around us is if we have food, then the greedy devils will peck our toes until we drop something.
lol.png

Sounds like a haven for chickens where you say you have them! My chickens just turned their run into barren ground....so I have been hauling in leaves, hay and brush to make them happier again.....chicken enrichment, I guess..
smile.png
. I let them roam all over as much as possible, but seen where they were getting almost depressed acting in their run and I felt bad....I shouldn't of let it get that way!!! They already seem happier jumping on the logs and scratching in all the material where I hide scratch grains.

Thanks!...
hugs.gif
I appreciate the boost in moral....
big_smile.png
Chickens will be chickens! Yep...food, food, food... I'll stop trying to out crow and out strut the roosters and go back to giving more treats....
lol.png

Sounds like a haven for chickens where you say you have them!  My chickens just turned their run into barren ground....so I have been hauling in leaves, hay and brush to make them happier again.....chicken enrichment, I guess..:) .  I let them roam all over as much as possible, but seen where they were getting almost depressed acting in their run and I felt bad....I shouldn't of let it get that way!!!  They already seem happier jumping on the logs and scratching in all the material where I hide scratch grains. 

Thanks!...:hugs  I appreciate the boost in moral....:D   Chickens will be chickens!  Yep...food, food, food...  I'll stop trying to out crow and out strut the roosters and go back to giving more treats....:lol:

Oh, it might be a haven for them, but it's sure a pain to navigate when it's time to collect the eggs or change the water. :lol:
Our garden was a mess when we bought the house, though I guess that worked out for the better when we got chickens. :p
I bet they would be happier with logs in there. We used to have a felled tree before we cleared it out, and the birds would spend all their time perched on its various branches.

And that's okay!
It sounds like a plan. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom