Ended BYC Poultry Knowledge Quiz - Win Prizes!

Question?
if I answer all the questions in one post that count?
and will points be added?
The contest is over, but we might try another contest where everyone can answer all of the questions in one post.

How many kidneys do chickens have?

How many toes does a Salmon Faverolle have?

Is the cushion comb common?

What is this called?
1627158780738.png

24) egg tooth

What is this called?
1627158938243.png

25.) Bean

You will find a snood on a chicken chick, a duckling, or a poult?
26.) poult

What gas can be produced my manure that is toxic to chickens?
27.) ammonia

What is a male goose called?
28) gander

How many primary flight feathers do most poultry have?

What is a flock of geese called?
30.) gaggle

What is a baby guinea fowl called?
31.) keet

Which of the following temperatures would work for incubating eggs-95, 100, or 105 degrees?

What type of comb does a Sicilian Buttercup have
33) buttercup

What does ā€œdual purposeā€ mean?
34.) meat and layer

what is a neutered roooster called
35.) capon

Which sex deterimes the sex? Male of female?
36.) female

What is the hairy patch on the front pf a turkey called
37) beard?

So I researched this after both of you reacted this way. Google said: "Cocci and Coccidia are NOT the same organism. Cocci refer any microorganism (usually bacteria) that are spherical in shape. The singular term for this is Coccus. Coccidia are a type of protozoa and are parasites." Shocked me because I've seen people use the two interchangeably as if cocci is an abbreviated form of coccidiosis. But the cocci and coccidia confuse me. Which one causes coccidiosis?

So I researched this after both of you reacted this way. Google said: "Cocci and Coccidia are NOT the same organism. Cocci refer any microorganism (usually bacteria) that are spherical in shape. The singular term for this is Coccus. Coccidia are a type of protozoa and are parasites." Shocked me because I've seen people use the two interchangeably as if cocci is an abbreviated form of coccidiosis. But the cocci and coccidia confuse me. Which one causes coccidiosis?
Coccidia causes the Corid curing coccidiosis.

Cocci... Needs antibiotics to cure.

Coccidia cause coccidiosis.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/just-a-friendly-reminder-on-coccidiosis-vs-cocci.1190998/

Those people that use those words interchangeably are wrong.
It is my mission in life...to stop this wrong.

Coccidia causes the Corid curing coccidiosis.

Cocci... Needs antibiotics to cure.
Thank you, this is very helpful! So how do you know which it is? Try corid and if it doesn't work quickly, head to a vet for antibiotics?

Edited to add: My flock responded to corid so I assume it was the coddidia. But I want to know what to expect if cocci shows up. šŸ˜… My chicken journey from 2019 through March 2021 was smooth sailing. And then since the end of March, I've dealt with: killer buffalo gnats, lice, raccoons tearing up the run, coccidiosis, and worms. At this point, I'm like okay, what is the universe going to throw at my chickens next and I will prepare for everything that could go wrong. šŸ¤Ŗ

Back
Top Bottom