!! BYC Recognition Awards ~ January-March 2013 WINNERS ANNOUNCED !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats everyone on your awards!!!
celebrate.gif

pips&peeps :

Thanks to whomever nominated me, it's nice to know you are appreciated.
frow.gif

Anyone who deals with Ameraucanas knows that you are certainly one of "The Educators".

You are certainly well deserving of this award.

Congrats.​

We wanted to take a moment and share with everyone just a few of the heart-warming testimonials we received. As we read the nominations over the past few weeks, knowing that you were writing about your peers, it was truly inspirational, and we were deeply touched.

With almost 300 nominations received, it was difficult to select just a few - but these below are typical of most that were submitted. In keeping with the anonymous spirit of the program, we have removed references to any names, threads, etc., so if you recognize your own text, shhhh!!!

If anyone ever wonders or asks what makes BYC so great, just take a look:

“..…. consistantly provides superb knowledgable advice in the emergency forum in any given circumstance or situation. In doing so, she uses a good common sense approach to individual cases so that the OP can understand how to treat their chicken(s) the correct way the first time with positive results."

“…... has a heart of gold and will do anything to help you out, but she is also honest and will not feed you a line of BS just to make you feel good.”

“Anyone that frequents the ……. forum knows just what an invaluable asset …... is! He always takes the time to teach new ……. owners, advise even long time owners and just generally support the entire group by sharing the knowledge he has acquired over the 20+ years he's been keeping them. I know he frequents others areas of BYC but he has more than earned this honor with just the ……… knowledge he brings to BYC.”

"Always upbeat, very friendly to everyone and eager to welcome new comers. She also has a very good wit about her, makes me smile as I read her posts. She found out that I live in the same state, and was looking for ……. .
We met at about half way from where each of us lived. She gave me a doz. eggs..gave them. They didn't work out. So what happens..a few months later, I get a p.m. and she is offering me more eggs, thinking that her hens possibly weren't old enough the first time. Sure enough. I have 16 beautifully colored eggs in my bator right now..that are very fertile. She was so happy..for me! She said she felt so bad that we drove all that way the first time and nothing happened. Now, I will get my blue egg layers. I found a new friend. I never thought that I would meet someone personally from BYC. I probably won't see much of her since we live pretty far from each other, but I can go to her posts and see her there, put a face to her. She is very caring."

“…... is always welcoming and friendly when responding to a thread. She is especially helpful regarding the ……. thread and has done alot to promote both the breed and BYC in the ……… thread. Some thread leaders can be unwelcoming to newer members or new chicken owners, not so with …… . She shares her advice freely and not harshly. If she doesn't know the answer to something, she points members in the right direction, or tracks down the answer and gets back to you. She's a great BYC member.”

"This woman is just incredible in all ways. She is always there with a kind word, a good joke and willing to help anyone at all. She is known to run over to google and post several answers for someone, no matter what the subject is.
She is also a closet gifter to BYC members on and off the site. She really, really deserves this one."

“When I first started coming on BYC, …... was always answering all my many questions about how to do stuff on the forum. If it was posting pictures, showing me how to do stuff on "my page" or adding color to my signature, she never left me wondering how to do something. She was also one of the first people to make me feel at home here, and was always welcoming me. Thanks!”

“…... always makes me laugh. Not unlike my chickens, who also make me laugh. ..…. personifies the happy, fun, wacky, creative side of having chickens. ..…. has a positive attitude!”

“I noticed he is just the kindest man-funny freindly and VERY humerous yet educated with a wealth of knowledge to lend a helping hand when others need it! love him!!!”

“…... always answers your questions in a very friendly diplomatic manner. No fussing just good common sense! I enjoy reading her posts...”

“Always kind, and a great friend! She gives and always honest even if it hurts to hear.”

“I come to BYC forum when faced with a problem, or am in need of advice on feeding, housing, care, etc.. and always find ……..'s posts to be educational, helpful & inspirational. After receiving his advice, one of my hens was saved from death. His posts on this forum are invaluable!”

“She is always so nice to me, and I know would be there to help me in anything I ever needed. She is also very nice and passionate about BYC and the Community.”

“a good person and an even better listener,sometimes thats all you need.would love to meet someday but not likely.”

"SMART and SUPPORTIVE. .. .This lady knows her birds. She presents the knowledge in a supportive manner. Over the last year, I have known her to find pictures and then ………. identify things on a bird that I am questioning. .. . She has done so much to help me learn. I have NEVER seen her post anything negative. Even if the bird in question is not even close to SQ, she finds something nice to offset the negative. . . She still tells you want is wrong with the bird, put she makes it as painless as possible to hear. SMART and SUPPORTIVE - - - a SUPER RARE combination!”

Quote:
Wow, thanks for sharing those comments! I always wonder what types of things people say... now I'm even more moved. So many wonderful comments by those nominating people here.... very moving! We really are a good group, aren't we?
smile.png

No, no, and NO! Don't make me cry, that's not nice.
hit.gif
Don't make the teenager cry!
Thanks guys. Getting this award is an honor, and kinda makes me squirm in my seat. Hopefully I'll be able to live up to it and it won't just be something shiny under my avatar.
But darn it, I REEEEEEEEALLY wanna know who nominated me!
lol.png
And congrats to all the other winners! I looked through the lists and found myself going, "Yup. Uh-huh! No kidding."

(I've always wanted to do an acceptance speech.
bun.gif
)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom