BYC SEWING/QUILTING CLUB

Has anyone done quilts using paper piecing? I always just cut out my triangles or squares and sew them together etc. I am considering ordering this one quilt pattern that has a bunch of triangles but they are all done with some wierd paper piecing technique. It probably just looks harder than it is...I'm hoping?

Last edited:
I love paper piecing...once you get the hang of it, it is really fun...IMO!!! The pieces if sewn on line, are spot on with regard to pattern. Try it...what have you got to lose...except to find out whether or not you like it. You can also go try it for free if you aren't ready to commit on Quilters Cache or just google free paper piecing patterns. Good luck!!!

I do paper piecing and it is great for triangles and hexagons. It helps you to have a true edge to join the other pieces. Once you get the hang of it, you'll see, and it's kind of fun. It's not hard, just different. Definitely try it. You can use the paper pieces over and over so that helps. I am making the grandmothers flower garden pattern with paper piecing.

hi, my name is angel, I do not quilt but I sew on a treadle sewing machine and do handsewing (also embroidery and chrochet) I enjoyed making these for my neice.
31316_img_0856_edited-1.jpg

a little princess
31316_img_0894_edited-1.jpg

31316_img_0898_edited-1.jpg

31316_img_1359.jpg

What beautiful young ladies!! Love all the outfits. One or two of them, I have been trying too find someone to make me one of for some events that are coming up. But I am too big and it would be costly if I found someone too do it. Thanks for sharing your pictures. Just beautiful girls and outfits.

Back
Top Bottom