BYC Spinning Fiber

I spun my first hank of Tartan's wool. He's my Jacob wether (wooly beast on the left)

Yes sir, yes sir, three bags full

After shearing. I sheared him myself with hand shears so it's a little messy but the wool's staple length was still impressive.
This was his first shearing (1 yr old)

It's the dark one one top. I spun it directly from the teased locks, sun-kissed tips, long staple length, very soft!
The other two are alpaca and angora for color comparison.

I spun my first hank of Tartan's wool. He's my Jacob wether (wooly beast on the left)

Yes sir, yes sir, three bags full

After shearing. I sheared him myself with hand shears so it's a little messy but the wool's staple length was still impressive.
This was his first shearing (1 yr old)

It's the dark one one top. I spun it directly from the teased locks, sun-kissed tips, long staple length, very soft!
The other two are alpaca and angora for color comparison.
Love it! Great job!

Thanks for the link to this thread
1f60f.png
. Looks like home ...

Is anyone still around on this thread? I'd love to start learning to spin this spring!

It's been a while since anyone posted but some of us still monitor the thread.

Glad to hear another person wants to learn to spin. Do you have the equipment yet or are you still looking?

All you need is a drop spindle and a bit of fiber to start and you tube helps, there are top whorl and bottom whorl spindles with fiber on eBay at decent prices or if you have a guild or persons nearby they're usually eager to get someone started. You can make a drop spindle out of a piece of dowel or a stick and an old cd, too! No need to wait, jump in and dedicate a few minutes a day for a wonderful linear focus and enjoyable, never ending learning experience
2764.png

It's been a while since anyone posted but some of us still monitor the thread. 

Glad to hear another person wants to learn to spin.  Do you have the equipment yet or are you still looking?

All you need is a drop spindle and a bit of fiber to start and you tube helps, there are top whorl and bottom whorl spindles with fiber on eBay at decent prices or if you have a guild or persons nearby they're usually eager to get someone started. You can make a drop spindle out of a piece of dowel or a stick and an old cd, too! No need to wait, jump in and dedicate a few minutes a day for a wonderful linear focus and enjoyable, never ending learning experience
2764.png
Thanks for the replies! I am beginning without any prior experience. I will start researching drop spindles :). What have you all found is the best way to purchase raw fibers?

Back
Top Bottom