BYC's 13th Annual New Year's Day Hatch-Along - 2022

This hatch a long was a great learning experience for me. I did have 6 eggs at different stages of development that didn't hatch. šŸ˜¢ I'm pretty sure it was a temperature issue. I think I have it worked out so I put 24 eggs in on the 15th. I can see development in all except 5. A couple of them are hard to see. Anyways, I love my 2 babies that did hatch and I believe I have a boy and a girl. I also think my Bielefelder is the dad to the roo and my Azure egger roo is the girl's dad. Time will tell.

My New Year's hatch is now 3 weeks old. My goodness there are alot of roosters in that bunch. Since the boys get bigger faster and bump out the hen chicks during feeding, I took 5 pullets from the New Year's hatch and put them with the 5 chicks I hatched on the 11th. The New Year's hatch roosters are all so friendly. One is extra friendly he is dark blue. He keeps coming over for love.

View attachment 2967070
How cute!

They grow fast!

My NY hatch of 5 is 3 weeks old and moved into their new digs today. Hen who layed all is a white, frizzled Cochin bantam mix who lays a slightly tinted egg. White chicks' are half Blue Andausian, Dark Frizzled is half Blue Laced Barnevelder and the little dark one in the back is half Barred Holland. There is one obvious cockerel...white smoothe far right and 2 frizzles. I am really happy with this hatch.
unnamed.jpeg

Last edited:
My NY hatch of 5 is 3 weeks old and mooved into their new digs today. Hen who layed all is a frizzled Cochin mix who lays a slightly tinted egg. White chicks' are half Blue Andausian, Dark Frizzled is half Blue Laced Barnevelder and the little dark one in the back is half Barred Holland. There is one obvious cockerel...white smoothe far right and 2 frizzles. I am really happy with this hatch. View attachment 2970327
They are doing great!

They are doing great!
Ron they are special. Do you see the clump of black feathers on the back of the white frizzle? The Blue Andalusian combined with the splash grandma of the mama passed on the gene in the form of splash to all of the babies he sired. Each has a few splashes of black. I am excited for the white eggs coming out of the girls in this hatch and the frizzled feathers. I am going to be working with Erminettes and will cross some culls with the frizzled.

Ron they are special. Do you see the clump of black feathers on the back of the white frizzle? The Blue Andalusian combined with the splash grandma of the mama passed on the gene in the form of splash to all of the babies he sired. Each has a few splashes of black. I am excited for the white eggs coming out of the girls in this hatch and the frizzled feathers. I am going to be working with Erminettes and for fun will cross some culls with the frizzled.
oops double post.

Ron they are special. Do you see the clump of black feathers on the back of the white frizzle? The Blue Andalusian combined with the splash grandma of the mama passed on the gene in the form of splash to all of the babies he sired. Each has a few splashes of black. I am excited for the white eggs coming out of the girls in this hatch and the frizzled feathers. I am going to be working with Erminettes and will cross some culls with the frizzled.
It is nice to see a fun project like this!

Back
Top Bottom