Ended BYC's 2021 Spooktacular Halloween Hatch-Along—Halloween Egg Decorating Contest!

closed_1.gif

Thanks to everyone that participated in this contest. Judging will start soon and we should have the results in by next Monday.

@Allsfairinloveandbugs Those are hysterical. I love them all! The hawk ones are so wrong, I died laughing. :lau
I understand not everyone sees the humor re the "egg hawk", & it's definitely not funny when a hawk gets one of our birds for real. I fight a constant battle with the neighborhood hawk myself to keep my flocks safe. In fact the "egg hawk" was inspired by an extremely close encounter with Ms. Redtail just this past week. (She did Not succeed.)

@room onthebroom , i saw you (literally) owned this contest last year. Did byc make a new rule, only one winner per contest, just so you wouldnt sweep (har har) this contest again? If so, i guess we should refer to the new rule as the "room onthebroom" rule.😁 Seriously, i wouldnt have minded if you had won all 3 places again. Your entries last year and this year too are eggsquisite!

I understand not everyone sees the humor re the "egg hawk", & it's definitely not funny when a hawk gets one of our birds for real. I fight a constant battle with the neighborhood hawk myself to keep my flocks safe. In fact the "egg hawk" was inspired by an extremely close encounter with Ms. Redtail just this past week. (She did Not succeed.)

@room onthebroom , i saw you (literally) owned this contest last year. Did byc make a new rule, only one winner per contest, just so you wouldnt sweep (har har) this contest again? If so, i guess we should refer to the new rule as the "room onthebroom" rule.😁 Seriously, i wouldnt have minded if you had won all 3 places again. Your entries last year and this year too are eggsquisite!
Well one year, we struggled to get entries, even extended the deadline to include Thanksgiving, and I got 2 prizes for which I felt very guilty. So glad the contest has been more popular. I am so glad roomonthebroom is there to challenge and inspire competitors........I always look forward to her creations!

Thanks! Geeze, you make me laugh so hard! :lau :gig :lau

Well one year, we struggled to get entries, even extended the deadline to include Thanksgiving, and I got 2 prizes for which I felt very guilty. So glad the contest has been more popular. I am so glad roomonthebroom is there to challenge and inspire competitors........I always look forward to her creations!
Sue, you are my favorite playmate. :hugs I have no idea where you hang out the rest of the year, but I always look forward to seeing you during all of the holidays. You always make me laugh, blow my mind, and are an enormous source of fun. The playground wouldn’t be any fun without you!

I know what you mean about feeling guilty. When FrankieDoodle told me the results last year I thought I was being ‘Punked’. :oops::gigSo eggciting, a little embarrassing, but above all, a total honor. ☺️

I just wanted to show you guys what happened to the egg. So...I forgot to store it in the fridge after I drew on it. Since it was not pen, I just decided to throw it.

Not sure why, but its pretty fun to throw eggs. Its what I do when I deworm my flock too. 🤷‍♀️😅

Super random, but this is how it died:

So did you used to be one of them kids that egged people's houses too?! :p

So did you used to be one of them kids that egged people's houses too?! :p
No! Never. I would NEVER.

Scares me just it think about it. My dad's car was egged once though. Sucked.

Plus there is no point in egging someone's house when you can fertilize your grass! :D

I just wanted to show you guys what happened to the egg. So...I forgot to store it in the fridge after I drew on it. Since it was not pen, I just decided to throw it.

Not sure why, but its pretty fun to throw eggs. Its what I do when I deworm my flock too. 🤷‍♀️😅

Super random, but this is how it died:

Did your little dog enjoy it?

Back
Top Bottom