BYC's 2021 Spooktacular Halloween Hatch-Along!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
14/15 silkies/polkies hatched in all on the first round.😊
Next is lockdown, today, for the 3 mixed silkie/Marans/RSL eggs my broody was sitting on to test her (she failed... :confused:)
She abandoned them at 9 days and they have joined the other eggs in the incubator. Expected to hatch Friday.
Excellent hatching! :woot:wee
Maybe she'll be settled next time. :thumbsup

Last night my new Nurture Right 360 tried to kill my hatch. Luckily my husband caught it. I can track the temp with my Govee, figure it had only been off for an hour. 16 were in the NR360 and 12 were in the small Kebonnix (different set date) had to shove all 28 eggs into my Keobonix in a panic. My husband figured out, it was the plug-in cord. He took it apart to check the internals and replaced their crappy pluggin with a laptop one that works. This morning I’m transferring the 16 back to the NR360 but slightly hesitant 😬
That's fantastic he fixed it! :clapThat must be a bit disconcerting.
Just to clarify to make sure I'm understanding correctly, the incubator stopped working?

Congratulations to everyone who have hatched chicks in case I missed someone.:jumpy :jumpy :jumpy :jumpy :jumpy :jumpy :jumpy :jumpy :jumpy :jumpy :jumpy. :jumpy. :jumpy. :jumpy
A nice variety of chicks...if you have pictures, please feel free to share a few with us.
66.gif

That's fantastic he fixed it! :clapThat must be a bit disconcerting.
Just to clarify to make sure I'm understanding correctly, the incubator stopped working?

Yes just out of nowhere ☹️ I checked on it a few hours prior and it was fine. It’s left in one spot in our bedroom never moved. I have a govee hydrometer and thermometer I can monitor from my phone and it appeared to have quit about an hour before my husband discovered it at 9:30 pm so thank goodness it didn’t happen while we were sleeping. He found that if he wiggled the cord where the power goes into the incubator it would flicker on. He found an old laptop cord that had the same plug in so he made it work with that. I emailed the manufacturer but haven’t heard back yet. So currently it is working 🤞 checked on a few this morning and they’re doing good 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom