BYC's 2023 Spooktacular Halloween Hatch-Along

Status
Not open for further replies.
hally.PNG

hallya.PNG

5 out and more to come.

So far so good. The first spay leg is doing well with the brace I made.

I had another that just kept turning on its back. I was very worried about that one. Ended up cutting down a solo cup, packing some gauze in it, put the chick in it and covered in vet wrap. Cut a hole in the vet wrap for its head so when it pushed with its legs it had something to push against. I just work up from a three hr nap and it's out of the cup standing on its own and walking some. Holy crap didn't think it was gona happen.

Not sure the other one I had to cup up will pull through. Because it was caught in the shell for so long its having issues getting stronger to stand an to uncurll. Going to continue on it untill morning but after that it's going to be on its own as I can't take off work.

I have to give them all a chance w/my help. It was my fault they had it hard in the first place.
🤞

So far so good. The first spay leg is doing well with the brace I made.

I had another that just kept turning on its back. I was very worried about that one. Ended up cutting down a solo cup, packing some gauze in it, put the chick in it and covered in vet wrap. Cut a hole in the vet wrap for its head so when it pushed with its legs it had something to push against. I just work up from a three hr nap and it's out of the cup standing on its own and walking some. Holy crap didn't think it was gona happen.

Not sure the other one I had to cup up will pull through. Because it was caught in the shell for so long its having issues getting stronger to stand an to uncurll. Going to continue on it untill morning but after that it's going to be on its own as I can't take off work.

I have to give them all a chance w/my help. It was my fault they had it hard in the first place.
🤞
Thanks for the update! You are doing you best for them.

Thanks for the update! You are doing you best for them.
One more update! The one that was still in the cup was standing and walking on its own before I went to bed. Bothe have been transferred to the brooder box with the others!

Three eggs left, if not hatched by bed tonight will be pulling them so I can clean/wipe down the brooder for the next batch.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom