BYC's Random Funny Posting Thread! Hosts Mike & Sally

1711538448644.png

True story. When they started asking for phone numbers years ago, some of the cashiers could get very demanding. I was checking out with my new step son in tow and tried to politely refuse but the guy took it as a challenge (guy stuff). He said "I have to have a number." I couldn't back down in front of my rebellious teen. I dutifully gave him "(123) 456-789,10"
About half way through punching in the numbers, his face went from 'victory to defeat' and I looked like a genius to my son. :gig

Last edited:
True story. When they started asking for phone numbers years ago, some of the cashiers could get very demanding. I was checking out with my new step son in tow and tried to politely refuse but the guy took it as a challenge (guy stuff). He said "I have to have number." I couldn't back down in front of my rebellious teen. I dutifully gave him "(123) 456-789,10"
About half way through punching in the numbers, his face went from 'victory to defeat' and I looked like a genus to my son. :gig
Rather than argue, I always just gave an old number that I no longer used. I still make up dates of birth when they require one, unless it's an official thing. I make up email addresses, too, if they ask just to give me a shipping cost. That is none of their business, especially with identity theft.

Back
Top Bottom