BYC's Random Funny Posting Thread! Hosts Mike & Sally

I can beat that...

I had a home we were renting out. I made a surprise visit and found the renter taking out my new "expensive" dish washer to put in a cheaper used one. Apparently he had sold the new one on Craigslist.....

They were booted out on the spot. I went to change the electric back into my name, no problem.....I changed the water back to my name..no problem...

I then went to work repairing the holes in the walls, broken windows, cleaning the mess...(I hate some renters!)....

About a week later I go to get some water and none comes out. I call city hall and they tell me the water is turned off because the bill has not been paid in 4 months......

The same city hall and people that I had change the bill to my name a week earlier....

I asked them why didn't you tell me when I was there it was past due so I could pay it up and take it from the damage deposit.....The response...

"We can't tell you if someone else has not paid a bill"...

My next question " So I am not responsible for that bill then?"

"oh no, you are the owner and responsible for all water bills".

Me, "Well, why did you not tell me it was past due?"

Them: " Because, as I told you we cannot tell you when someone else has not paid a bill".

Me: "But you said it was my bill and I am responsible for it".

Them: " You are responsible for it">

Me: " then why didn't you let me know there was an outstanding balance when I changed it back to my name?"

Them: "Because it was not your bill"

Me "Oh, so it is their bill".

Them: "That's correct"

Me: " Great! Could you turn the water back on then because I have always paid my bill."

Them: " You have to pay the re-connection fee, the past due amount and leave a $400.00 deposit because the account is past due before we can re-connect you."

Me: "But you just said it was not my bill?"

Them "It's not but your responsible for it because you own the house".

Me: "So it is my bill then?"

Them: "No, it is their bill, you just are responsible for it"....

I eventually gave up.

I no longer own any property within a city limits......Life is so much better with my own wells.

Good grief, that is absolutely insane. I have to hand it to you Ralphie, you hung in there a lot longer than I would have.

Change water to a cellphone bill. I didn’t even know my b-i-l was on our account. Then we couldn’t upgrade our phones. I had to pay >$3,000 for their bill that we were not told about, and couldn’t pay electricity. I didn’t know until then that they could shut off electric in January.

Sometimes family is worse than strangers. Sorry that happened to you BC.

carto.png

I did this once years ago when I was on the road a lot... came home one Friday and the garage door wouldn’t go up...thought it quit on me... I went through the front door and the light wouldn’t come home... thought the bulb burned out... opend the fridge and the light in it didn’t come on... but the cartoon light bulb above my head did begin to flicker a bit ... and then I figured it out. :oops:
facepalm-smiley-emoticon.gif
:gig

I can beat that...

I had a home we were renting out. I made a surprise visit and found the renter taking out my new "expensive" dish washer to put in a cheaper used one. Apparently he had sold the new one on Craigslist.....

They were booted out on the spot. I went to change the electric back into my name, no problem.....I changed the water back to my name..no problem...

I then went to work repairing the holes in the walls, broken windows, cleaning the mess...(I hate some renters!)....

About a week later I go to get some water and none comes out. I call city hall and they tell me the water is turned off because the bill has not been paid in 4 months......

The same city hall and people that I had change the bill to my name a week earlier....

I asked them why didn't you tell me when I was there it was past due so I could pay it up and take it from the damage deposit.....The response...

"We can't tell you if someone else has not paid a bill"...

My next question " So I am not responsible for that bill then?"

"oh no, you are the owner and responsible for all water bills".

Me, "Well, why did you not tell me it was past due?"

Them: " Because, as I told you we cannot tell you when someone else has not paid a bill".

Me: "But you said it was my bill and I am responsible for it".

Them: " You are responsible for it">

Me: " then why didn't you let me know there was an outstanding balance when I changed it back to my name?"

Them: "Because it was not your bill"

Me "Oh, so it is their bill".

Them: "That's correct"

Me: " Great! Could you turn the water back on then because I have always paid my bill."

Them: " You have to pay the re-connection fee, the past due amount and leave a $400.00 deposit because the account is past due before we can re-connect you."

Me: "But you just said it was not my bill?"

Them "It's not but your responsible for it because you own the house".

Me: "So it is my bill then?"

Them: "No, it is their bill, you just are responsible for it"....

I eventually gave up.

I no longer own any property within a city limits......Life is so much better with my own wells.
Holy moly! I thought it was bad when the former resident of the place I was renting came and took my water bill. I got shut off and paid a reconnect fee. But it sure wasn't that much!

Back
Top Bottom