BYC's Random Funny Posting Thread! Hosts Mike & Sally

Screenshots_2021-03-06-11-26-43.png

We have them here in Woodland CA! The neighbor wanted us to spray for them. I told them it was pointless since you had to hit black widows with very strong poison to kill them. Spraying the perimeter of the house is a waste of money and bad for the environment.
Yes, that's true. I was in Visalia at the time of the black widow infestation. People were going to the hospital and some even dying from black widow bites.

You should also check for these as well. Much of the US has these. The further south, the more prevalent.
You don't want me to give the details what these cause. Read it yourself on a quick Google search.
Yes, I have seen them. I left them alone. :old

Brown Recluse.
View attachment 2556128
I've actually been bitten by one of these Brown Recluse spiders. They had to cut it out of my leg. Horrible little critters.

Someone needs to 'splane this one to me. :confused:
420 is cannabis day (April 4th)- oops! Make that April 20th. Brain fart!
People gather and smoke up a storm, and that was even before it was legal here in CA. Nasty stinky stuff!
It's also 4:20 twice a day, so I guess some people are happy to "celebrate" two times a day.

Last edited:
420 is cannabis day (April 4th). People gather and smoke up a storm, and that was even before it was legal here in CA. Nasty stinky stuff!
It's also 4:20 twice a day, so I guess some people are happy to "celebrate" two times a day.
Thanks. I would never have figured that out. :gig

And as far as 4:20 being a good time to holiday every day, well, I'm asleep at 4:20am and starting dinner at 4:20pm, so not much of a holiday for me. :lol:

420 is cannabis day (April 4th).
Maybe your fingers typing are faster than the Control tower, up high. Or Google auto-correct did not catch in time. :gig:lau

420 is on April 20th ..:old 9 years ago I got 2 RIR chicks hatched on April, 20. I named one Mary, and the other one Jane. They looked identical. Then a few years ago one of them went to the Rainbow Bridge.:hit The remaining one I now call Mary Jane. She will be 9 years old in just 6 more weeks:love🐓💕
She is my current oldest living hen in my flock. Wonder if she will surpass my longest one that pulled 13 years.:idunno
No, I don't give my chickens any of that green salad. Harvest it for ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
gardening for.PNG

Maybe your fingers typing are faster than the Control tower, up high. Or Google auto-correct did not catch in time. :gig:lau

420 is on April 20th ..:old 9 years ago I got 2 RIR chicks hatched on April, 20. I named one Mary, and the other one Jane. They looked identical. Then a few years ago one of them went to the Rainbow Bridge.:hit The remaining one I now call Mary Jane. She will be 9 years old in just 6 more weeks:love🐓💕
She is my current oldest living hen in my flock. Wonder if she will surpass my longest one that pulled 13 years.:idunno
No, I don't give my chickens any of that green salad. Harvest it for ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Oh, definitely an error in the control tower. The ol' grey brain just ain't what she used to be!

Happy birthday Mary Jane! I have two hens turning 9 also this spring, an EE and a Buff Orp (Monkey and Peach). Monkey is still laying a couple eggs a week too. :) But 13! That's amazing. Must have been some good genes.

And be careful tip toeing through those funny tulips. Farmers out here are known to set booby traps!

Back
Top Bottom