10 Years
Aug 11, 2009
Bloomsdale, MO
I had to put my weim down today. He has had numerous health problems

We were his third home. Apparently puppies get big
hu.gif
then weims don't do well in apartments
ep.gif
when you leave them allone for hours they eat furniture. I was handed his leash by a desperate client at the vet clinic with a, " here you take him"

his first day home he wouldn't let my husband in the house. After LOTS of training Jake was certified as a TOUCH dog through support dogs of St. Louis. He was the only weim to make it through the program in 15 years. he had to do a two minute down stay with a jelly donut between his feet. he graduated at the top of his class. he spent the next 6 years visiting people in hospitals and nursing homes. He read to kids and did dog bite prevention classes for schools. He automatically "knew" which side of the bed was a persons "good" side. He would place his head where people could reach him. Many kids overcame their fear of dogs after meeting Jake. they loved the Idea that they could command him.

this morning he put on his visitation harness for the last time
38899_100_1142.jpg

38899_100_1084.jpg

38899_pict7172.jpg

I'm so sorry for your loss.
hugs.gif
Jake has left his legacy not only in your own heart, but in the hearts and lives of those he touched and brought comfort to. I hope the pain of your loss is transformed by time into only warm memories and smiles when you think of him.

I am so sorry for your loss. He was a beautiful soul, and a gorgeous dog! I love weims, and am fostering one currently. they are amazing animals.

Back
Top Bottom