bye Jake

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by muddyhorse, Mar 11, 2011.

1. muddyhorse

muddyhorse Songster

Aug 11, 2009
    Bloomsdale, MO
    I had to put my weim down today. He has had numerous health problems

We were his third home. Apparently puppies get big [​IMG] then weims don't do well in apartments [​IMG] when you leave them allone for hours they eat furniture. I was handed his leash by a desperate client at the vet clinic with a, " here you take him"

his first day home he wouldn't let my husband in the house. After LOTS of training Jake was certified as a TOUCH dog through support dogs of St. Louis. He was the only weim to make it through the program in 15 years. he had to do a two minute down stay with a jelly donut between his feet. he graduated at the top of his class. he spent the next 6 years visiting people in hospitals and nursing homes. He read to kids and did dog bite prevention classes for schools. He automatically "knew" which side of the bed was a persons "good" side. He would place his head where people could reach him. Many kids overcame their fear of dogs after meeting Jake. they loved the Idea that they could command him.

this morning he put on his visitation harness for the last time
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

I'm so sorry for your loss. [​IMG] Jake has left his legacy not only in your own heart, but in the hearts and lives of those he touched and brought comfort to. I hope the pain of your loss is transformed by time into only warm memories and smiles when you think of him.

3. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

[​IMG] What a good boy! I'm so sorry.

4. nurturingnaturally

nurturingnaturally In the Brooder

Sep 30, 2010
    I am so sorry for your loss. He was a beautiful soul, and a gorgeous dog! I love weims, and am fostering one currently. they are amazing animals.

5. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    [​IMG] Thank you for being his angel. Now he can be yours.

6. michickenwrangler

michickenwrangler To Finish Is To Win

Jun 8, 2008
    NE Michigan
    [​IMG]

7. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    I'm so sorry for your loss. [​IMG]
    Jake was beautiful-inside and out.

8. CrazyChickieMama

CrazyChickieMama Songster

Feb 23, 2008
    Bolton, NC
    [​IMG] It's never easy to let a loved one go...He had an awesome life with you and gave others love as well. [​IMG]

9. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    [​IMG]

10. Alicia G

Alicia G Songster

Sep 29, 2010
    Nova Scotia
    Well I can just tell from his eyes in those pics he was very happy and loved and he had a wonderful home. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: