**** C S R A Group ****

Hi Y'all! Welcome!
Let me know soon if you plan on coming. Tractor Supply has tables, but needs an estimate.

I'm planning on coming to the GeorgiaLina swap and bringing some goodies for sale --- but not any birds at this point.
I'm not NPIP and I don't want to get in trouble for bring birds into GA. I have loads of chicks/young birds available, but need to know FOR SURE that there won't be a problem.
Anybody know?

I can have Lunch available for those who want it ($5-$6 per person)

Depends on what's for lunch.

Anyone here had to deal with fowl pox.

Fortunately, no experience with fowl pox. Good luck with it.

Dipsy will you be at the swap and do you plan on bringing any of the serama?

If I can find out for sure it's ok to bring birds, I will. I've got some Serama chicks and youngsters and should have a few more hatch between now and then.

Just found this thread thanks to oneofseven. Can I join?? I live in Florida but have CSRA chickens! Well, they were bred in Aikin, but hatched in Fla, thanks Lisa (dipsy) . We do have a couple acres in Esgefield county and hope to retire there in a year or two. I have met and talked with a few of you folks, and am loking forward to living in the area soon. ....stan

Anything hatch worth keeping?

smile.png

Lisa​

Quote:
We had the dry fowl pox here too in late November of 2009. I think we got it from the wild birds, but I'm not sure. Not all of my birds got it, and the hens only got small scabs. The roosters definitely got it more severely though. A couple had an eye swollen/sealed shut. Dealing with the pox wasn't fun, since I had to go out every night (and a couple times during the day for the worstly affected birds) and swab Iodine on their scabs or apply ointment to their eyes. Eventually they all recovered. There is one hen and one rooster though that had some damage done to one of their eyes. The hen can see fine, but the rooster is slightly impaired.

And I read about the swap. We might be able to come, I'm not sure. Vendoring could be cool..My family sells at the Farmers Market here in town most Saturdays. We make whole grain breads, cookies, and muffins, and also sell crafts. We'll see.

Just found this thread thanks to oneofseven. Can I join?? I live in Florida but have CSRA chickens! Well, they were bred in Aikin, but hatched in Fla, thanks Lisa (dipsy) . We do have a couple acres in Esgefield county and hope to retire there in a year or two. I have met and talked with a few of you folks, and am loking forward to living in the area soon. ....stan

smile.png

Lisa

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Got a couple of black , one splash and one blue pullet. I sould have some pretty blue eggs soon!! Wish I could bring a couple along to the swap, with free roosters to any takers, but I'll be up there next week and back in Fla. by November. ....stan

Quote:
Super! I can't remember, how old are they now?
smile.png

Lisa

They are 25 weeks or so. We got a couple dozen Ameracuanas eggs from you back in April, they are around 24 weeks now. Roosters are just starting to crow, but I haven't seen much red on the pullets. Looking forward to some blue eggs. That will be a nice addtion to our Rock and Marans eggs. Good to be able to say hey!! ......stan

hello all well i was wondering if i could come over to the swap meet just to see everyone (put names with faces). just let me know i was looking for some turkey eggs to hatch and wow wee them things are expensive geez $10.00 a egg and like a baby is $6.00 and you got to get at least 10 at a time from the hatchery and that is in the spring. so if im thinking that turkeys might be a good thing to get in to. i am still looking for some kfc birds to raise
thumbsup.gif

If your npip you can or get a health certificate on the flock. Certificate good for 30 days.

Quote:
I'm planning on coming to the GeorgiaLina swap and bringing some goodies for sale --- but not any birds at this point.
I'm not NPIP and I don't want to get in trouble for bring birds into GA. I have loads of chicks/young birds available, but need to know FOR SURE that there won't be a problem.
Anybody know?

I can have Lunch available for those who want it ($5-$6 per person)

Depends on what's for lunch.

Anyone here had to deal with fowl pox.

Fortunately, no experience with fowl pox. Good luck with it.

Dipsy will you be at the swap and do you plan on bringing any of the serama?

If I can find out for sure it's ok to bring birds, I will. I've got some Serama chicks and youngsters and should have a few more hatch between now and then.

smile.png

Lisa​

Back
Top Bottom