**** C S R A Group ****

Quote:
That's a funky chicken!

Loved the goat milk soap, Lisa!

Can't make it this weekend to the swap....Thanksgiving week and DS coming home from college Friday.
ya.gif

The Polish are goof-balls!

We'll miss y'all! Got 2 Muscovy girls laying --- hopefully they'll keep picking up. One of the younger Muscovy girls had a hidden nest (hidden in plain sight, she was laying in a corner and covering the eggs up with hay after she laid) with 8 eggs and went broody yesterday, so I gave her the few eggs from the pen with the older girls to 'check fertility'. There should be 8 or so fresh I can send back down toward W'boro with someone Sat if you still want to set some.

Glad you are enjoying the soap! Every batch is like a science experiment to me.
smile.png

Lisa

Quote:
OH NO, Lisa!!!! Hope it's back on soon, good luck! I was worrying about losing power here. I've got a group in the hatcher going into Day 21 as well.

Glad everybody made it home oK. Did the Serama scream again for you when you unloaded them? They should get over that if they are handled enough, haha, I don't handle them because I can't stand the screaming, so they never 'get over it' here. Glad you brought your Mom today! I hope we can work something out with the ornaments and soap.

smile.png

Lisa

They weren't bad, I plan on handling them a lil every day so they should get over it and I hear they tame down really quickly. Power finally came back on, temps went all the way down to 84! I hope I didn't lose any.

Welcome wda4him ! I'm also in waynesboro, what kind of birds ya got ?

Quote:
OH NO, Lisa!!!! Hope it's back on soon, good luck! I was worrying about losing power here. I've got a group in the hatcher going into Day 21 as well.

Glad everybody made it home oK. Did the Serama scream again for you when you unloaded them? They should get over that if they are handled enough, haha, I don't handle them because I can't stand the screaming, so they never 'get over it' here. Glad you brought your Mom today! I hope we can work something out with the ornaments and soap.

smile.png

Lisa

Woo-hoo! I just fixed our water heater. We were without hot water for 24 hours, because some parts went bad. I ordered them yesterday and they arrived this afternoon. I saved $300 by fixing it myself.
celebrate.gif

Quote:
That's so strange.....our water heater was being bad yesterday. Jon reset it, but it keeps getting really hot, shuts off, then gets cold. We need to go to Fox Appliance (good friends of ours) to get parts. Hope we can fix it ourselves to save some $$$$.
fl.gif

Quote:
That's a funky chicken!

Loved the goat milk soap, Lisa!

Can't make it this weekend to the swap....Thanksgiving week and DS coming home from college Friday.
ya.gif

The Polish are goof-balls!

We'll miss y'all! Got 2 Muscovy girls laying --- hopefully they'll keep picking up. One of the younger Muscovy girls had a hidden nest (hidden in plain sight, she was laying in a corner and covering the eggs up with hay after she laid) with 8 eggs and went broody yesterday, so I gave her the few eggs from the pen with the older girls to 'check fertility'. There should be 8 or so fresh I can send back down toward W'boro with someone Sat if you still want to set some.

Glad you are enjoying the soap! Every batch is like a science experiment to me.
smile.png

Lisa

Lisa, going into Thanksgiving, then Advent and Christmas. I think I should wait till after the New Year to set muscovy eggs. It will give us something to look forward to.
big_smile.png
January and February can get so dreary for the kids. What colors are your Muscovy again?

Quote:

smile.png

Lisa

Our last hatch, we had power go out for several hours, but everything turned out fine. Hope yours do well, too!
fl.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
That's so strange.....our water heater was being bad yesterday. Jon reset it, but it keeps getting really hot, shuts off, then gets cold. We need to go to Fox Appliance (good friends of ours) to get parts. Hope we can fix it ourselves to save some $$$$.
fl.gif

Try cleaning the bottom of the unit. Airflow problems can cause problems. Take a shopvac to the very bottom. Remove the filter and clean it. I would do that first.

Back
Top Bottom