1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Ca. Bay Area anyone want any Standard Old English chicks???

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by mustangsaguaro, Mar 17, 2008.

1. mustangsaguaro

mustangsaguaro Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2007
    San Martin, Ca
    If there is anyone in Ca. that would like some standard old english chicks in about a month please let me know. One of my hens went missing last night and this morning found her and her clutch of eggs. There were 15 eggs. I have since moved her and her eggs into a safer area and plan on letting her incubate them. If you'd like some Old English chicks please let me know asap otherwise I am going to remove the eggs from her, as I have other eggs I need to put under her.

Thanks
    Kim

2. TommyVT05

TommyVT05 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2008
    Southern California
    Hello Kim!

I am certainly interested! I am from CA too! Please keep me posted.
    What breed (color) of OEG is she by the way?

Thanks!

- Tommy

3. K&H Chicken Farm

K&H Chicken Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2008
    Redding CA
    Where are you in CA? If not to far I would like a few.

4. mustangsaguaro

Nov 30, 2007
    San Martin, Ca
    K&H Chicken Farm :

Where are you in CA? If not to far I would like a few.

I am located in the Bay Area (south of San Jose). What I could do is if you'd like some eggs I could probably ship some eggs to you if you'd like. Let me know.

Kim​

5. mustangsaguaro

Nov 30, 2007
    San Martin, Ca
    Quote:The hen is a wheaten color and the roo is a golden duckwing. I see that you are located down in San Diego. I would rather not ship chicks if I have to. If there is anyway you were able to come and pick them up or if we could find someone travelling down your way that would work to. As I am located in the Bay Area (just south of San Jose).

Because she was sitting on so many eggs there might be others of my OE mixed in. My other OE are I have another wheaten and a silver. Attached are pics. Let me know if you are still interested. I wouldn't classify these birds as show quality but I could be wrong.

[​IMG]

I have 2 that are the above color. Wheaten Hen

[​IMG]

Silver Hen

[​IMG]

6. TommyVT05

Feb 6, 2008
    Southern California
    Wow,

That birds are beautiful, but too bad you live so far out. : (
    I have a lot of bay area friends, but they are going BACK this weekend to their home this Spring Break from UCSD. They won't be going back until
    April 1st.

I guess unless the chicks hatch then, they can't bring any to me huh?

- Tommy

7. mustangsaguaro

Nov 30, 2007
    San Martin, Ca
    Tommy-

If you 'd like to get some eggs and hatch the eggs out yourself I could send you eggs. Let me know.

8. TommyVT05

Feb 6, 2008
    Southern California
    That'll be nice [​IMG]

How many eggs do you have in total that you can ship and whats the shipping in CA by the way?

- Tommy

9. mustangsaguaro

Nov 30, 2007
    San Martin, Ca
    Quote:Right now I have 7 or 8 eggs I could ship you. Cost for 8 eggs would be $16. As for shipping what I could do is package up the eggs and go to PO tomorow and get a price if you can give me your shipping zip, and then get back to you on shippping tomorrow and possibly ship out tomorrow. I would take paypal for payment. Let me know if this would work for you.

Kim

10. TommyVT05

Feb 6, 2008
    Southern California
    Replied to your PM : )

- Tommy

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by