Cackle chicks made it

PDJTP2006

In the Brooder
12 Years
Feb 26, 2007
It took two days they shipped them on the 5th and now there here. They are all alive I ordered 25 they gave me 28. Pics soon

Last edited:
Congrats!!
big_smile.png
Can't wait for mine and kinda worried cause I ordered from McMurray and all I have heard is bad news. Good Luck with yours and so happy for you. take care!

We got ours from Mcmurray last week and all 45 are doing just fine. It seems to come down to luck on the little guys. I was very worried also after hearing some of the bad stories. Good luck cockadoodlemom!!

I just got my shipment from MM 2 days ago. I order 25 and they sent 30. 2 were DOA. I was worried also from hearing of Foghorns terrible experiences. There was also very very cold weather in IOWA, but everything came out OK. Here's a pic from the first day.
big_smile.png

chicks001.jpg

Congrats on the new peeeps. McMurray is a excellent hatchery and deserves none of the blame. If people aren't smart enough that live in cold weather states to wait for good weather before they order their peeps, it's totally their fault and not the hatchery.

If you live where the weather is cold, just ask the feed mills and get their opinion.
Blaming a good hatchery like McMurray is silly to say the least. Just my 2 cents.

bigzio

I ordered mine from Cackle as well and all 31 that I got are doing great. I got one extra. Hubby said I could only have 25, so 1 extra is good. Two days, all the way to Florida!
Photo_030207_001.jpg

Photo_030207_002.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Id like to say that ordering from McMurry has always been a pleasure for me and I have just got my chicks last Monday.
2 were DOA out of 25, and then 6 more died in a 48 hour period, I had called the hatchery on tuesday and they told me to call back at the 48 hour point just in case any other chicks died.
Well now its Wed and I call back and and Jackie told me that she would refund my money or replace the Chicks, well I only had 8 die so she said that she would give me 10 of the chicks that I ordered and because they ship 25 chicks for warmth they threw in 15 Rare Chicks for free.
I will be doing buissnes with these Folks again!

They are two weeks old today! They spent the night outside, with a heat source. Everyone is bright-eyed and feathered tailed this morning. I bought 4 Giants at the feed store, all 35 are doing great.
D.gif

Back
Top Bottom