Cackle Hatchery reviews

Pics
I got the Cackle surprise this year. I had a wonderful selection of healthy birds. Only lost one in shipping. Between that and the local chicks I kept getting from my feedstore (oh my gosh, you bought a bag of food...want 10 chicks) lets just say I have a lot of chickens right now! Anyway, I have had a very positive experience with Cackle. I got 50 in my surprise and two ducks. Now, the last chicks I brought home from the feed store (which buys from McMurray) were sick and needed a treatment of Corid. Anyway, their communication was great. Last year my turkeys I ordered came in dead. I called and they wanted me to call back within the week to make sure nothing else died. Everything else was fine.They refunded my money right away. No complaints here. It seems so crazy that people have such varied experiences.

I got the Cackle surprise this year. I had a wonderful selection of healthy birds. Only lost one in shipping. Between that and the local chicks I kept getting from my feedstore (oh my gosh, you bought a bag of food...want 10 chicks) lets just say I have a lot of chickens right now! Anyway, I have had a very positive experience with Cackle. I got 50 in my surprise and two ducks. Now, the last chicks I brought home from the feed store (which buys from McMurray) were sick and needed a treatment of Corid. Anyway, their communication was great. Last year my turkeys I ordered came in dead. I called and they wanted me to call back within the week to make sure nothing else died. Everything else was fine.They refunded my money right away. No complaints here. It seems so crazy that people have such varied experiences.
I so wish my feed store would do that!

My surprise is great too! I have always had great communication, great birds, and positive experiences with Cackle and it blows my mind that it seems to vary so much. Maybe all hatcheries are that way. IDK b/c I have only ever ordered from one other hatchery, all my chicks died of a mystery illness, and I never got my money back. I switched to Cackle and haven't had a problem since.

Well after all the negative comments with Cackle this Spring I would hope they would step up their game.

Well after all the negative comments with Cackle this Spring I would hope they would step up their game.
I have had two orders from Cackle this spring. One in April, one in June. And I *might* order another surprise later this year. I generally do all my communication via email and sometimes chatted on FB. I can't usually use the telephone when they are open.

I really wish I could order another surprise. It was a blast watching all those little guys grow. As I said, I have never had a problem with them. My surprise had one trampled chick. Everyone else are growing into beautiful healthy birds. :)

My first time experience ordering from Cackle has gone great. I ordered 15 golden duckwing phoenix chicks from them, and they sent one extra. I didn't lose a single one and they are all very healthy, active chicks. I did have to order these weeks in advance, but I had no problems communicating via email or phone calls when I had a question about the order. I would recommend them- they have a good selection, fair pricing, and fair shipping charges on orders of 15 chicks or more.

Back
Top Bottom