Cackle Hatchery? Where else for OEGB assortment?

FenDruadin

Crowing
10 Years
Jul 30, 2009
Charlotte, NC Area
Anyone ordered from Cackle Hatchery? What was your experience with them? I want an assortment of colors of OEGBs, which they offer. I DON'T want to have to order a minimum number of a particular color, and I want LOTS of color options. I love color. Anyone have other suggestions for where to get that, or is Cackle Hatchery my best bet? Thanks!

I got some beautiful GLW and SLW chicks from them. They are about 2 months old and have been very healthy babies.

I have nothing but good things to say about Cackle Hatchery.

Ideal Poultry? They have an insane amount of variety and offer assortments to avoid extra fees.

Last edited:
I got my assorted OEGB from Ideal Hatchery. You can check out My Page for pictures. Here is what I got in my 25 chicks.

5 Blue- 2 hen, 3 roo
5 Red Pyle- 3 hen, 2 roo (1 hen had crocked beak)
2 Silver Laced- 2 hens
1 Gold Laced- 1 roo
7 Silver Duckwing- 5 hens, 2 roo
3 B. B Red- 3 hens
2 Gold Duckwing- 2 rooster

I found them very pretty, friendly, and hardy. (I only lost two out of the whole shipment, and I did get rid of the hen with the crocked beak.)

Good luck,
Jamie

I received 5 SLW and 6 GLW and 5 Doms all from Cacklehatchery!! They talked me into the doms and I LOVE them!! The Doms are my favorite!! I am so glad that I chose cacklehatchery! They are 9 weeks old and almost the size of my 18 month old big girls. Haven't lost any and for my order of 16 pullets only 2 turned out to be roosters....appropriately named Sparticus and Nero. My husband wants to change their names to Chicken and Noodles! They are all easily handled and very sweet! I will always use Cackle Hatchery.

Back
Top Bottom