Cackle Hatchery? Where else for OEGB assortment?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by iamcuriositycat, Oct 10, 2009.

1. iamcuriositycat

iamcuriositycat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2009
    Charlotte, NC
    Anyone ordered from Cackle Hatchery? What was your experience with them? I want an assortment of colors of OEGBs, which they offer. I DON'T want to have to order a minimum number of a particular color, and I want LOTS of color options. I love color. Anyone have other suggestions for where to get that, or is Cackle Hatchery my best bet? Thanks!

2. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    I got some beautiful GLW and SLW chicks from them. They are about 2 months old and have been very healthy babies.

I have nothing but good things to say about Cackle Hatchery.

3. fowltemptress

fowltemptress Frugal Fan Club President

Jan 20, 2008
    Ideal Poultry? They have an insane amount of variety and offer assortments to avoid extra fees.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2009
  4. RAREROO

RAREROO Overrun With Chickens

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
  5. RhodeRunner

RhodeRunner Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2009
    Ashtabula, Ohio
    I got my assorted OEGB from Ideal Hatchery. You can check out My Page for pictures. Here is what I got in my 25 chicks.

5 Blue- 2 hen, 3 roo
    5 Red Pyle- 3 hen, 2 roo (1 hen had crocked beak)
    2 Silver Laced- 2 hens
    1 Gold Laced- 1 roo
    7 Silver Duckwing- 5 hens, 2 roo
    3 B. B Red- 3 hens
    2 Gold Duckwing- 2 rooster

I found them very pretty, friendly, and hardy. (I only lost two out of the whole shipment, and I did get rid of the hen with the crocked beak.)

Good luck,
    Jamie

6. Princess Amri

Princess Amri Is Mostly Harmless

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    Cackle Hatchery has good birds. I adore their Easter Eggers.

7. juliawitt

juliawitt Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 9, 2009
    I received 5 SLW and 6 GLW and 5 Doms all from Cacklehatchery!! They talked me into the doms and I LOVE them!! The Doms are my favorite!! I am so glad that I chose cacklehatchery! They are 9 weeks old and almost the size of my 18 month old big girls. Haven't lost any and for my order of 16 pullets only 2 turned out to be roosters....appropriately named Sparticus and Nero. My husband wants to change their names to Chicken and Noodles! They are all easily handled and very sweet! I will always use Cackle Hatchery.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by