Cackle Hatchery

blueoval1

Songster
11 Years
Oct 21, 2008
Raleigh N.C.
I was wondering if anyone has ordered from them before and could give me some info on the quality of their birds pictures would be great too thanks. My first post was for welp hatchery but I meant to put cackle sorry but thanks for the replies.

Last edited:
blue, I used them last April for the 1st time. Very nice to deal with, got extras for free and all my birds are great!
frow.gif

7664_turkey_day_chickens_001.jpg

Last edited:
I have never heard of them. I will check them out soon. Anyone else???
Ohh Cackle.

Last edited:
I got 25 chicks from welp last spring ........... very satisfied ............... good service ,nice birds , really good layers !!!!!

My birds came from my feedstore, but they ordered from Welp as well ~ and my hens are just wonderful ~ We have 12 ladies, and it's been below zero in the double digits for several nights now, ... and we're still getting 6 - 8 eggs a day!!
~Red

IMG_0217_1.jpg

A great hatchery. We have ordered 80-100 chicks at a time and usually only lose 2 or 3 to natural causes. Here are some pics.
smile.png

Black Cayugas
HPIM0981.jpg

Dark Cornish Hen
HPIM0996.jpg

Buff Polish Hen
HPIM1016.jpg

Barred Rock Hen
HPIM1042.jpg

I bought six of my hens from a grower in North Phoenix who gets all of her chicks from Cackle. She swears by them. She orders 100 of each breed and then puts them in pens to sell and grow.

The six we got are very healthy... a white leghorn... tiny but lays the largest eggs we get.
... a light brown leghorn... has a big floppy comb and lays large white eggs.
... what she called a CA white but it has to be a mix because it has feathers on it's legs
... a beautiful little Cinnamon Queen...shes at the bottom of the pecking order right now but she'll be big.
... an Ameraucana... pretty little thing with greenish legs
... the cutest most friendly Buff Orp that is quickly becoming my favorite.

The top three were laying the day we got them and haven't stopped.... the others are still a little young. between 14 and 16 weeks by my guestimation.

The grower has RIRs, BRs, Cochins and some other mixed bird pens.

She says should would never buy from anyone but Cackle.

Our other 18 birds are from McMurray and they are big healthy birds also.

Back
Top Bottom