1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

Cackle Hatchery?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by AnimalGeek23, Apr 16, 2018.

1. AnimalGeek23

AnimalGeek23 Songster

Apr 10, 2018
    New York State
    Anyone ordered from Cackle Hatchery? How is it?
    Also, what do you think is the best hatchery to order from(first time)?

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  2. SueT

SueT Crowing

May 27, 2015
    SW MO
    I have gone to Cackle Hatchery in person. I am impressed with this hatchery, and the variety of breeds they offer. I got my Appenzeller Spitzhauben chicks there this spring. I ordered 4 they gave me 5. They let me pick them up a day early to avoid bad weather. They have great customer service.
    I have seen a lot of other BYC members post that they are happy with their Cackle chicks. Check out their videos on their website to learn more about them...

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
    AnimalGeek23 likes this.
  3. simplify

simplify Chirping

May 25, 2015
    My experience...In the past 4 years I have bought chicks or ducks from the following business.
    Great customer service, healthy, delivered on time as ordered,

Mertzer farms
    My Pet Chicken
    Cackle
    Tractor Supply (Hoover Hatchery)
    Ideal Poultry *
    * I wasn't impressed with the breeding stock my silver + gold laced wyandotts came from.the birds were healthy but no longer had pretty feather patterns.

This is more info than you asked for but knowledge is power.
    I am so impressed with the order through tractor supply I plan to use them again when I need to replace again.

As the other person said, look at cackles you tube videos. That was the reason I bought from them.
    Best of luck with your order.

AnimalGeek23 likes this.
  4. Stevo77

Stevo77 In the Brooder

Jan 30, 2018
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    I ordered and received 3 Columbian Wyandottes from Cackle in February. The birds were packaged according to the weather as a cold front blew through the week my birds were shipped, they had extra insulation and a heat pad that was still plenty warm. All 3 are still doing great and are my friendliest and most gentle birds in my flock. They're not gonna win any awards at a show or anything but I have them for pets and eggs. This was my only experience with Cackle but I would definitely order from them again.

ChooksNQuilts and SueT like this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: