Cackle Hatchery

Pics
I'd be pissed if I got told "we promise they arrive alive" and then didn't get refunded for DOA too.

Hatcheries I have used so far: Hoover, Privett, Meyers Poultry.

I ordered 40 chicks from Hoover's. 14 or them were alive when they got here. 2 more died a few days later... I honestly think a USPS worker left my box in front of a tailpipe. Chicks aren't typically born blind in one eye. Hoover refunded me (tbf, I had just asked for replacements, but there was a chick shortage.)

Privett was great, all the chicks have been great.

Meyers sent me 2 extra than I asked for. All the chicks arrived alive, but the first couple of days involved about half the chicks having pasty butt. Otherwise, everything was great.

I'm sorry you had such a terrible experience. I would definitely talk to a manager.

I'd be pissed if I got told "we promise they arrive alive" and then didn't get refunded for DOA too.

Hatcheries I have used so far: Hoover, Privett, Meyers Poultry.

I ordered 40 chicks from Hoover's. 14 or them were alive when they got here. 2 more died a few days later... I honestly think a USPS worker left my box in front of a tailpipe. Chicks aren't typically born blind in one eye. Hoover refunded me (tbf, I had just asked for replacements, but there was a chick shortage.)

Privett was great, all the chicks have been great.

Meyers sent me 2 extra than I asked for. All the chicks arrived alive, but the first couple of days involved about half the chicks having pasty butt. Otherwise, everything was great.

I'm sorry you had such a terrible experience. I would definitely talk to a manager.
This us an old thread my friend, you likely not receive an answer from the op.
It helps to always check the dates to prevent thread necromancy. :]
It happens to us so don't worry about it.

This us an old thread my friend, you likely not receive an answer from the op.
It helps to always check the dates to prevent thread necromancy. :]
It happens to us so don't worry about it.
You following me, friend?
Honestly, I replied because the thread had a few recent replies and I figured the info would be useful.
It's cool if I'm ranting into the void. I talk to my chickens too. :)

Back
Top Bottom