Cackle hatchery

rtda4

Songster
10 Years
Feb 5, 2009
Newberry,South Carolina
I know that hatcheries in general are talked about in a bad light on byc but I would like to share my experience with Cackle hatchery. I ordered from Cackle about a month ago. Two weeks ago I called Cackle and inquired about my order. The nice lady on the phone told me that my order had been shipped on time. Having ordered many times from hatcheries, I knew it normally took two days for the chicks to arrive at the PO. The next day the PO called and said my chicks were in. WOW. I went to pick up my chicks and they were so happy and healthy. I have the chicks for 2 weeks now and normally have some chicks with pasty butt but not these little beauties. I had such a good experience with Cackle I just wanted to let the posters know:D.

Last edited:
50900_flight2.jpg
big_smile.png
Cackle baby!

Last edited:
I just received my order from Cackle this morning and am having a similar good experience. All the babies are happy healthy and doing all the things little chickies do.
jumpy.gif

It is great to hear other positive anecdotes here.
smile.png

I was expecting the worst, but am VERY pleasantly surprised! Yay for healthy babies!!

(@shadowrooster-- such a pretty bird!!)

Here are my little peepers in their makeshift brooder (too little for the "real" brooder, kept squeezing through the wire, guess I'll just have to move 'em in a day or two!)
79555_chickiesday1.jpg

Fortunately, I live close enough to be able to pick up my order of chicks from Cackle. All 11 chicks (including the 1 extra Easter Egger pullet,) are now 3 weeks old, happy and healthy. Had no problems with eating or drinking from the get go. All my communications with them have been pleasant. I'm one happy customer and would order from them again.
thumbsup.gif

I bought 10 Speckled Sussex and 5 EE from Cackle not quite 3 weeks ago; they threw in an extra SS, and I'm happy to report that everyone is not just doing well, but they are THRIVING. Alert, active - almost too active! - and very growthy. I bought 15 from Cackle last year and was happy with them, but this batch of girls is far surpassing them.

A lot depends on what your aims and goals for your birds. For some folks, getting them from a breeder suits their goals, for others, a good hatchery will suit theirs. We have backyard chickens in town, so we only can keep 6 full grown birds and fifteen wee ones at a time. I find homes for a few of my older girls and try out a couple of different breeds each year. Except for Miss Pumpkin Parker, the Hen Queen, everyone eventually goes to a new home and a few young ones get their spots. The rest go to freezer camp.

Our goal is to decide what breed or breeds we prefer, so that when we move out to the family farm in 4-5 years, we know what we want our flock to consist of. Then we'll find a good breeder.
yippiechickie.gif

Good luck to all of you with your new chicks!

I have ordered from Cackle several times, and have never had a problem with them. Anyone who answers the phone is always nice, and helpful.

When I first decided to get chicks many years ago, Cackle was the hatchery that I ordered from. I really didn't have any problems. One of the poor little chicks had gotten trampled on and he didn't make it but they sent about 7 extras, so it made up the difference. My order arrived when they said it would. I only have 1 experience with a hatchery and Cackle is it. I can only say great things about Cackle Hatchery.
thumbsup.gif

I ordered 5 EE from Cackle this year - they arrived on time and perfect. They are a month old now and wonderful. Even got a snow white one (yay) We call her Marilyn - she looked like a bleached blonde. Got birds from another hatchery (shall remane unmaned) and was so bummed, the Marans had yellow legs, rose combs, clearly not what they were supposed to be. Oh well, live and learn.

I ordered my first 5 EE from Cackle last year and was so happy I'll be getting more chicks from them this year.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom