Cackle Hatchery

I bought 15 turkeys from Cackle hatchery and they all died within one month, I would recommend Welp Hatchery in Bancroft Iowa I have bought from them for 3 years now and the poultry I get from them is top-notch stuff and is cheaper than Murray Mcmurray Hatchery.

Last edited:
I have bought from Cackle the last two years. Now I now some people have had problems with them but I have not. The chicks are so much healthier then from Ideal(Ideal takes three days to get to me while Cackle only takes two). Usually I get them the dates I want. I usually just put in asap. Three weeks in the longest I have waited. I would suggest finding a hatchery that doesn't take more then two days to get to you.

I have only ordered from them. I would order from them again. My chickens were all healthy and remain healthy.

I also like picking them out in spring from the Farm Store here. That's another consideration if you have one in your area.

Amish raised, have had nothing but excellent quality birds from cackle...ideal...not so much....
sad.png

I knew a woman who visited Cackle and she stated the place was spotless and the help although very busy took much time with her and even gave her a few extra chicks. She thought the place was great.

Our local Farm & Fleet uses Cackle Hatchery. Ordered 10 RIR pullets and received 12...all were fine and no lose. You can't order everything listed in the catalog from Farm & Fleet but they do offer quite a large choice and you only have to order 5 of 1 kind of chicken instead of 15-25 like some other hatcheries. Price is very good also...saved over 2.00 a chick in price!

wee.gif
I live about 35 miles from Cackle and have only purchased from there. I do not consider it "spotless" but it is clean. I love going there as it is like being a kid in a candy store for me. I always say, I'll take five of these, five of these, five of these...my dh has to keep me under control. ha ha They are willing to tell you about each breed and show you pics of the adult birds.

Back
Top Bottom