Cackle Hatchery's "Happy Cackle Special (Hatchery Choice)" Assortment?

DrinkTheRainbow

Songster
9 Years
Jan 1, 2011
Altoona, Wisconsin
Who has ordered this and what breed(s) did you get?

Happy Cackle Special (Hatchery Choice)

Available March thru June

Includes:

1 pair geese
1 pair ducks
2 turkeys

10 pullets
1 rooster
10 assorted rare chicks

Never ordered it before but I've been told it could be anything they have extras of, someone posted on here before that they got some Old English Game ($8.00 each). So you could get lucky.
I have ordered Cackles chickens and am very happy with them.

I ordered 27 (I think), they sent me 29. 1 died when it about 1 to 1 1/2 weeks old, so totally not their fault. As far as I can tell they are very close to SOP, but as I have never read it or really care to for that matter (I have my reason on that one), I have not tried to get any weights on them yet, they will 1 year on the 12th of Mar. If I can get hold of a scale I'll try to get weights on them when they reach the 1 year mark.

I have ordered form them in past years 12 to 13 years ago and they were as good if not better than they were then.

Wish my experience with Cackle was as good.I ordered 50 chicks from them....Received 18...only 2 of the 4 breeds I ordered. 3 were DOA,lost 4 more through the night,and lost the rest within a week except for one which made it to 5 mos old,but was never healthy, despite everything done imaginable and never grew above the size of an average 2 1/2-3 mos old. When I contacted them about the BIG difference in the order,they told me the shipment was signed off on and that it was correct.So I was out of money for 17 dead chicks on top of the 32 that were never received.I have hatched hundreds of chicks, ordered hundreds of chicks from Mt Healthy and Ideal with no problems. I won't deal with Cackle again.

Quote:
oh that's sad
hugs.gif

Umm...how do hatcheries tell if they have an injured chick??? I had my heart broken...so we ordered from MM and we got 2 chicks Mille fleur and Porcelain Booted that had parapelgia and I became their mother and they listened to me and everything but the next day they died...how was your order from MM???
hit.gif
:(

i have ordered many times from cackle..love love love my birds from them..have never ordered the pkg you meantioned....alot of the birds i got from them have lived very long lives. 14 yr old i lost last of those last spring but still have my ,13,11 and 9 yr old birds left.from them..and hardy thur our winters...some have been shown & gotten blue ribbons.. i will be ordering hopefully from them come april once again.

soap&eggs :

i have ordered many times from cackle..love love love my birds from them..have never ordered the pkg you meantioned....alot of the birds i got from them have lived very long lives. 14 yr old i lost last of those last spring but still have my ,13,11 and 9 yr old birds left.from them..and hardy thur our winters...some have been shown & gotten blue ribbons.. i will be ordering hopefully from them come april once again.

WOW SPECTACULAR!!! YOU JUST MADE ME WANT TO ORDER FROM THEM LOL
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
Do not take this wrong, but there is always someone to come along and give out stories like this. Not saying they didn't have the bad experience. But in the years that I have dealt with Cackle they have always done me right and I recommend them very highly. Always get a copuple three more than I order and never had a DOA, and only lose a few 1 to 2 after maybe a week, which is not due to anything on Cackle's part. There is just chicks that do not make it.

I don;'t think you will go wrong in ordering from Cackle.

Back
Top Bottom