Cackle hatchery's Hatchery Surprise- Anybody got this before?

Two week countdown till my birds get here.... Till then I've got another pair of bottle goats to keep me occupied lol

Can anyone tell me the roo to hen ratio they got in the Cackle Hatchery Surprise? I am interested in ordering but I didn't want a ton of roos.

I ordered 15 pullets and the surprise in March. There was some info on the website that said to write in the comments section if you would allow substitutions on your order. So I wrote in the comments any good laying pullet, thinking I was giving them permission to sub out my original pullet order if needed. Well out of the 40+ birds in the surprise, I got 2 turkeys, 4 ducks and only 6 cockerels...a buttercup, a mottled houdan and 4 as of yet undetermined variety of Old English game fowl. So, write your request in the comments.

I ordered 15 pullets and the surprise in March. There was some info on the website that said to write in the comments section if you would allow substitutions on your order. So I wrote in the comments any good laying pullet, thinking I was giving them permission to sub out my original pullet order if needed. Well out of the 40+ birds in the surprise, I got 2 turkeys, 4 ducks and only 6 cockerels...a buttercup, a mottled houdan and 4 as of yet undetermined variety of Old English game fowl. So, write your request in the comments.
Wow! I'd love a surprise like yours! Do you know what kinds of ducks and turkeys?

Random advice for those ordering: I haven't ordered the surprise, but I did order some pullets along with a hatchery-choice package. If you do that, ask them to mark your pullets so you can tell them from the hatchery-choice/surprise birds a little easier. It was nice to be able to sort them quickly and know for sure which birds were and were not part of the bargain deal.

Wow! I'd love a surprise like yours! Do you know what kinds of ducks and turkeys?

Random advice for those ordering: I haven't ordered the surprise, but I did order some pullets along with a hatchery-choice package. If you do that, ask them to mark your pullets so you can tell them from the hatchery-choice/surprise birds a little easier. It was nice to be able to sort them quickly and know for sure which birds were and were not part of the bargain deal.

I got 2 broad-breasted white turkeys, 2 Welsh Harlequins, a Blue Swedish and a black runner. The runner is the only drake. My birds were marked by cackle with a sticker on the section of box they occupied.

Can anyone tell me the roo to hen ratio they got in the Cackle Hatchery Surprise? I am interested in ordering but I didn't want a ton of roos.
That's what I was wondering when I ordered my first one several months ago. I didn't want to get 100 roos! I'm still not sure of the ratio, but it sure looks like a lot more hens than roosters. And most of the chicks came in groups of two or three of a kind. Very pleased. It looks like rather than just fill a box as quick as they can, they put some time into giving you a nice variety, and mostly hens.

Back
Top Bottom