Cackle hatchery's Hatchery Surprise- Anybody got this before?

http://www.cacklehatchery.com/hatchery-surprise.html

@Alex1010 : They guarantee 40 live birds, but people seem to get around 50 (or even more) pretty frequently, so ~$1.63 to ~$1.30 per bird, or even less. It's a pretty great deal as long as you're open to a bit of a grab bag. A lot of people have posted pictures of their assortments and compared their M/F ratios, etc, if you look back a few pages.
thumbsup.gif

EDIT: Oh, and that includes shipping. Even when you can find a comparable deal (in terms of variety) from another hatchery, they all charge shipping on top of that.

Last edited:
http://www.cacklehatchery.com/hatchery-surprise.html

@Alex1010
: They guarantee 40 live birds, but people seem to get around 50 (or even more) pretty frequently, so ~$1.63 to ~$1.30 per bird, or even less. It's a pretty great deal as long as you're open to a bit of a grab bag. A lot of people have posted pictures of their assortments and compared their M/F ratios, etc, if you look back a few pages. :thumbsup  

EDIT: Oh, and that includes shipping. Even when you can find a comparable deal (in terms of variety) from another hatchery, they all charge shipping on top of that.
Thanks for the info

Never ordered from any hatchery, how's the price?

The hatchery Surprise from Crackle is the best deal I have found, but you have to be open to getting any bird. You can always sell any extra you don't want. If you are wanting a particular breed than I would recommend Ideal Hatchery because they seem to be cheaper for individual birds + shipping compared to other hatcheries. I always had good experiences with ideal in the past.

Mine is supposed to arrive on April 1st. Think that's a sign?
lau.gif
I hope you post pictures whenever they show up!

I bet you will get an even better surprise box for that date
pop.gif

The hatchery Surprise from Crackle is the best deal I have found, but you have to be open to getting any bird. You can always sell any extra you don't want. If you are wanting a particular breed than I would recommend Ideal Hatchery because they seem to be cheaper for individual birds + shipping compared to other hatcheries. I always had good experiences with ideal in the past.

I bet you will get an even better surprise box for that date :pop
What have you gotten in the past?

Back
Top Bottom